Thank you Albert Pujols!

Greg Hibbard

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 08:16 AM)
if this series goes seven, it'll be such a blessing for the white sox in terms of f***ing over the opponents rotation. I'm so happy it went at least six, because if it ended at 5 the Astros were going to be able to set their rotation any way they wanted to.

while i want to face the 'stros, not the cards, i cant agree with you more. i hope this series goes to 7 games and they play another 18 inning game like the braves-'stros did. the more they play, the more rested we will be.

The series will end by Wednesday, meaning they'll get 2 full days of rest before game 1.

I want the series to end...because either way, we'll be facing Carpenter in game 1, or we'll be facing Oswalt, Pettitte, and Clemens 6 times. There's no way around it really.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 10:52 AM)
That. Ball. Was. CRUSHED.

I was sitting there during the Edmonds at bat thinking "Lidge, if you want to win this game, you cannot let Pujols come up unless Edmonds beats you with the bat."

He let Pujols come up. The walk killed him.

Just sitting there watching it...I think that ball actually vaporized for a brief period. One of my more enjoyable calls off the bat is just to say "Boom" right when it's hit. I did it a couple times for Konerko, Thomas and Crede this year.

That one got one hell of a boom. Didn't even need to see the rest of the footage. Could have changed the channel right there.

Man I feel sorry for those Houston fans. The shock of it all. Reminded me of a certain inning at Wrigley in '03 for its brutality.

Man if they choke after that that's gonna be like the Bartman moment in Houston sports history, or the Buckner play. Ouch.

QUOTE(mkalk @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 04:53 PM)
The game could go to Thursday. They get today off.

I was thinking today was Monday for some reason.

Thank you.

The point still holds true, atleast it very well could/should...at the very least, we'll get Pettitte, Clemens, and Oswalt 5 times at the very least, and we'd still have to face Carpenter twice.

I like our chances against either team...but I'd honestly prefer Houston, just because their offense is pretty much homer or bust...you keep them in the yard, and they are beatable. St. Louis on the other hand has versatility offensively...atleast more than Houston...and I happen to think their bullpen is better than Houston's.

What could be fun is that it could set up a potential Mulder-Buehrle matchup, if St. Louis wins the next 2 and Ozzie goes with Buehrle in game 2...unless of course, LaRussa goes with Suppan in game 2.

QUOTE(mkalk @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 03:53 PM)
The game could go to Thursday. They get today off.

If Astros win in 6

Saturday: Clemens (on 6 days rest)

Sunday: Pettite (on 5 days rest)

Tuesday: Oswalt (on 5 days rest)

Wednesday: Backe

Thursday: Clemens

Saturday: Pettite

Sunday: Oswalt

If Astros win in 7

Saturday: Pettite (On 4 days rest)

Sunday: Backe

Tuesday: Oswalt (On 5 days rest)

Wednesday: Clemens (on 5 days rest)

Thursday: Pettite

Saturday: Backe

Go cards push it to 7

I think that one of the biggest reasons STL got swept last year was because they could not properly order their rotation for the WS, while BOS was lucky, since the order it pitched in the ALCS was exactly the one they wanted for the WS. I've heard Steve Stone and I've heard Bob Brenly say that it is a huge advantage to be able to set your rotation.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 03:06 PM)
Man I feel sorry for those Houston fans.  The shock of it all.  Reminded me of a certain inning at Wrigley in '03 for its brutality.

Man if they choke after that that's gonna be like the Bartman moment in Houston sports history, or the Buckner play.  Ouch.

nonsense...nothing tops the steve bartman play. THe only play that will top the bartman would be a white sox world series winner.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 08:05 PM)
I think that one of the biggest reasons STL got swept last year was because they could not properly order their rotation for the WS, while BOS was lucky, since the order it pitched in the ALCS was exactly the one they wanted for the WS.  I've heard Steve Stone and I've heard Bob Brenly say that it is a huge advantage to be able to set your rotation.

The Sox have proved that twice already in the playoffs thus far.

QUOTE(KeithFranklin @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 06:46 PM)
If Astros win in 6

Saturday: Clemens (on 6 days rest)

Sunday: Pettite (on 5 days rest)

Tuesday: Oswalt (on 5 days rest)

Wednesday: Backe

Thursday: Clemens

Saturday: Pettite

If Astros win in 7

Saturday: Pettite (On 4 days rest)

Sunday: Backe

Tuesday: Oswalt (On 5 days rest)