Mariotti article

fathom

Jay Mariotti!

I didn't see it at the Sun Times website yet. Titled, "Sox giving good-guy Konerko run-around"

Pathetic. He can't possibly know anything he's even talking about. It's just a bunch of bulls*** speculation that he acts like it's undoubtedly going to happen and we're going to do to him what we did to Maggs or Lee. Ridiculous.

QUOTE(chicagown @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 01:10 PM)
Jay Mariotti!

I didn't see it at the Sun Times website yet. Titled, "Sox giving good-guy Konerko run-around"

Pathetic. He can't possibly know anything he's even talking about. It's just a bunch of bulls*** speculation that he acts like it's undoubtedly going to happen and we're going to do to him what we did to Maggs or Lee. Ridiculous.

If people would stop reading his crap and quit going to his column online, he would go away. But as long as you guys keep reading his stuff, the Suntimes will employ him. When the Suntimes tries to get me to buy their paper, I always tell them I stopped buying their paper when they employed that cleveland assclown moronotti and will not buy another paper or read their paper online until he is gone.

QUOTE(JoeBatterz @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 12:58 PM)
Great Quote from Jay Mohr.  :cheers

He's got better ones...

For starters, there was a gremlin named A.J. Pierzynski, who had an uncanny ability to get under more people's skin than Andy Dick. If there is a controversial call in the World Series, look for ol' A.J. to be in the middle of it. Whether it's a dispute over whether or not a ball was caught cleanly on strike three or a controversial play at first, you can bet the White Sox's backstop will have something to do with it.

The Chicago White Sox get to relax while waiting to see who they will play in the World Series. After the White Sox's starters ate more innings than David Wells can eat donuts, there will be a bit of drama in watching if anyone in their bullpen even remembers how to answer the phone. Complete games in the playoffs? When was the last time we were treated to something like that? A better question is why has it become so rare? Where have all the starters with stones gone? Apparently they have gotten apartments on the South Side.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 08:29 AM)
Here's the deal.  If we win the world series, or hell, even if we don't, how about we have a soxtalk rule that says we don't talk or read this asshole's stuff.  Fair enough?

It's not very often I would vote for "censorship" but I certainly vote for it here.

Agree 100%. Let's start by getting rid of this thread and any thread that provides the link to his column. Can we use a filter too so if anybody writes his name, it just comes up #######

QUOTE(zach61 @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 07:49 PM)
Agree 100%. Let's start by getting rid of this thread and any thread that provides the link to his column. Can we use a filter too so if anybody writes his name, it just comes up #######

LMFAO!

The ONLY profanity filter we use on this board is for this jackass.

I love it.

I'm collecting the papers during this run so I can't help but scan it. But really it's the same old crap from Kotex Boy. Slide in a compliment admist a whole bunch of mud slinging.

I did read Slesak's column though & I can't help but think she has a point. The Sox fans are no doubt going gaga over this. But we are spread out all over the metro area. The Cub fans in Wrigleyville & the casual fans located around the college campuses in the Lawrence, Kennedy, Fullerton area don't seem to be going gaga like they did over the Cubs.

I can't explain that. Why isn't the casual fan jumping for joy over the White Sox?

I believe a White Sox fan message board like this already exists. :)

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 04:08 PM)
I'm collecting the papers during this run so I can't help but scan it.  But really it's the same old crap from Kotex Boy.  Slide in a compliment admist a whole bunch of mud slinging.

I did read Slesak's column though & I can't help but think she has a point.  The Sox fans are no doubt going gaga over this.  But we are spread out all over the metro area.  The Cub fans in Wrigleyville & the casual fans located around the college campuses in the Lawrence, Kennedy, Fullerton area don't seem to be going gaga like they did over the Cubs.

I can't explain that.  Why isn't the casual fan jumping for joy over the White Sox?

I dunno. I do see a lot more Sox stuff on the train than I ever have, I have to say that.

But I guess to the "casual fan" the Sox, even in victory, are still the disrespected, overlooked, ugly, scary, "urban" team.

But I have to add two things:

1. I couldn't possibly give any less of a s*** about the "casual fan". Let them casually go to Cub games, or Bears games, or whatever the f*** they do.

2. Whoever's buying up all the Sox s*** in the stores sure as hell ain't "casual" about it. The Value City by me was SUPPOSED to have the nice black A.L. champs hat in stock today, but ALL the Sox s*** was picked through like a coyote carcass in the desert.

The funniest thing is stuff that Jay writes can also be found here, yet we accept it from posters here. As soon as Jay's column is printed, Sox fans rush to rip it. Crying mommy, mommy, Jay is saying mean things to me.

Personally if we start banning columnists and commentators, I suggest we also add Rush, Hannity, Savage, etc. They are GOP homers and hate the Dems. They should be banned from here also.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 10:40 PM)
The funniest thing is stuff that Jay writes can also be found here, yet we accept it from posters here. As soon as Jay's column is printed, Sox fans rush to rip it.

Difference: Marrotti is always slamming everything Sox: organization, fans, ballpark. The key word again = always

QUOTE(kevin57 @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 10:46 PM)
Difference:  Marrotti is always  slamming everything Sox:  organization, fans, ballpark.  The key word again = always

The key one for me is that he does rip the fanbase.

As petty and stupid his dislike for the Sox organization, Hawk, and whatever stupid s*** he's writing about or spewing on TV (Is any sports columnist likable after being on espn a couple of time? Is any sports columnist likable at all?) on any given day, what I dislike most is the way he likes to talk s*** about the fanbase.

Why would any self-respecting Sox fan like this douchebag after all of the stupid remarks and bulls*** comments he's made about us as fans?

QUOTE(kevin57 @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 10:46 PM)
Difference:  Marrotti is always  slamming everything Sox:  organization, fans, ballpark.  The key word again = always

How soon we forget his articles that claimed the Sox pitching made us choke proof (wrong again Jay). He probably ran two or three articles highlighting what could go wrong to one nothing can go wrong. It is amazing with all of our historical success, almost Yankee-like, and our total domination of Chicago with the fan base, that he could find anything negative to write about, but he does.