The battle for Chicago

drowninginflame

IF we do this whole thing, will it change how you feel about the northside?

After experincing the kind of year we've had I learned to not really care what they are doing or who goes to thier games.

If we win, does it mean you stop bashing the cubs at every chance?

For me, it does what can anyone say?

I just go posi till someone opens thier mouth stupidly.

All I care about is that the WHITE SOX KEEP WINNING, please do not let this year be a fluke, I'd like a team that is a consistant force in AL year after year.

I honestly don't make a big deal of the Cubs. Some of their "fans" bug me, but other than that I don't really pay attention to what that team's doing.

However, this is going to be very good for this team, if we...you know. I think it'd be big for the Sox as a franchise, to do it before they do.

as far as the sox being a force for years to come, that depends on what KW and JR do...realistically, you have to think we are going to lose at least one good player. not everyone is a company man, even though i would like them to be.

i will always hate the cubs and i will always s*** on them every chance i get. i hope they never have a record over .500 for the rest of time. just cause we have one under our belt (knock on wood) doesnt mean we should hate the cubs any less.

just my opinion.

I honestly don't make a big deal of the Cubs.  Some of their "fans" bug me, but other than that I don't really pay attention to what that team's doing.

However, this is going to be very good for this team, if we...you know.  I think it'd be big for the Sox as a franchise, to do it before they do.

Never cared what the cubs did (except when sox were playing them). Wont start now

QUOTE(drowninginflame @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 01:28 PM)
No...I will just care less about them entirely.

If we win, I'll probably wind up doing it a lot more. Virtually all of my friends are Cub fans. They could sweep us in every series for the next 100 years and I'd still have bragging rights. Edited by Balta1701

I will feel NOTHING for them. Other than shake my head as to why they continue to support a team that clearly rips them off any chance they can get.

After experincing the kind of year we've had I learned to not really care what they are doing or who goes to thier games.

Good for you. I wish every other Sox fan would feel the same way.

I don't bash their team but their Attendance trophy crap they use would completely be baseless if the Sox can finish off the Astros since it'd be proof positive championships aren't made with attendance stats.

For me, it does what can anyone say?

I simply don't care about that team on the Northside.

:gosox1:

I won't hate them any less though I may pay less attention to them, not that I pay much attention now.

Bottom line: They suck and they'll continue to suck. I hate them and I'll continue to hate them.

:gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox1: :gosox4:

If they continue to outdraw us in attendance, so f***in' what?

I can't wait for the Cubs-Sox series next year IF the Sox win this year.

I can hear the chant rising ever so softly now...

19-08! Clap, clap, clap clap clap!

The hardcore Cub fans in my family have gone out of their way to congratulate me ever since they beat Boston and they are bleeding black and silver with every game now - for my sake alone if not for the Sox. Granted, I live downstate where the Sox are not so much dissed as ignored, but I have really been taken aback by the graciousness of the "true" cub fans I know down here. I never got into the trash talk but now I really don't even have the urge anymore. That may be different if I were living in Chicagoland, but not down here...

SFF

Edited by SpringfieldFan

QUOTE(Wanne @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 05:15 PM)
I never cared....nor watched what they did...until this dude on the bear board wagered me $200 at the beginning of the year that the Cubs would win more games than the Sox this year.....I GLADLY took that bet!!!!

see i always have atleast 1 bet like that every year. so it's hard for me not to actively root against the cubs.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 04:50 PM)
I never wasted my time watching Cub games before and I certainly don't plan to start now. Not my team = Don't care

The Tribune Hype can't match the team on the field. A communication giant owning and promoting its own dismal excuse for a team that is unlikely to even win its division for next 2 or three years and that is if they are willing to spend more for free agent players because their farm teams don't provide much talent. On the south side we survive on less money, being much maligned in the press by the major networks, but somehow managing to field the best team in Major league baseball. :cheers

QUOTE(drowninginflame @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 03:34 PM)
I think this is going to be massive for us and big for alot of baseball teams.

you dont have to spend alot of $$$$$ like the yankees, to put out a winner.

2003 Florida Marlins - $49.95 mill

2002 Anaheim Angels - $61.5 mill

2001 Arizona Diamondbacks - $76.95

Those 3 teams were big for a lot of baseball teams, including the 2005 Chicago White Sox

If we win it all, then the Cubs officially become nothing more than any other team in the NL. My main reason for disliking them is the threat that they have posed to the Sox as far as what would happen if the Sox took the title first.

But with a win, then eh, I don't care about them. I don't understand the extreme hatred towards them and their fans to begin with, so I really won't understand it once we have a WS under our belts.

But no, I will not pay any attention to them anymore. When I go to a Cubs game in Milwaukee with my bosses, I will no longer root against them. I will just treat it 100% as my attending a baseball game of two teams I really don't care about, and that I am only their to watch a game.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 04:44 PM)
Don't fall for their bulls***, every single Cub fan in their dark, bitter hearts is rooting against us.  I hear the roars go up in the bars every time the Astros do something good and it ain't from Astros fans.

Yeah but what are they gonna do after this series is over with all those Astros caps they bought?? :lol: