Rooney

rventura23

not to bring up a depressing topic, but it has been a little tough listening to rooney's great calls during the playoffs and knowing he may not be around next year.

He has been at the top of his game during the playoffs.

Sox need to bring him back to the booth, im just not sure how!

i really appreciate everyone who has uploaded his calls for me, being that i'm in missouri, i will REALLy miss john...but the fact that i have been able to hear him for an extra month was a real treat. He will always be the premier sox radio voice in my heart, probably will be my favorite ever. And i have faith in farmio doing good next year. And i hope john has a wonderful career and team to announce for.

I know it's a little early, but here's a salute to one of the best announcing tandems in baseball!

:cheers

In like 3 years, John Rooney will have Joe Buck's job. I hope. Or at least Brennaman's job with Fox, if Thom gets Buck's job.

Here's an idea...replace Buck & McCarver with Rooney and Stone. I could live with that.

QUOTE(rventura23 @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 12:16 AM)
not to bring up a depressing topic, but it has been a little tough listening to rooney's great calls during the playoffs and knowing he may not be around next year.

He has been at the top of his game during the playoffs.

Sox need to bring him back to the booth, im just not sure how!

man, im going to miss rooney. who's going to replace him again?

:gosoxretro:

Hasnt BlackJack said more than once that he will NOT become an announcer because he enjoys what he is doing in life right now?

And this isnt to say I dont want him in the booth. Quite the contrary. i thought he was fantastic in Hawks absence this past season. I just dont think its happening.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 10:07 PM)
I would LOVE THAT, I think Carmen is great. However, the reason it seems like Rooney is leaving in the 1st place is because of the switch to the Score. I dont see Carmen moving.

you're right i completely forgot about that...

I dont really care for Rooney or Farmer... in my opinion they both stink... But if I had a choice to keep a guy it would be Ronney, Farmer is bad. Rooney does great games when hes the national game of the week... very different than when he does Sox games. Can Farmer... next years radio version will be pretty bad to listem with Farmer being the lead guy.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 05:07 PM)
Well, since Oz might quit managing--we could always just move him to the booth. . .

I think ozzie woud be funny in the booth. Maybe a little hard to understand when he gets excited, but i bet he have some words with the umpires and the decisions

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 06:34 PM)
I dont really care for Rooney or Farmer... in my opinion they both stink... But if I had a choice to keep a guy it would be Ronney, Farmer is bad. Rooney does great games when hes the national game of the week... very different than when he does Sox games.  Can Farmer... next years radio version will be pretty bad to listem with Farmer being the lead guy.

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

Voted the best announcing team in baseball by the fans.