Classless Garner has reared his ugly head

SSH2005

Did anyone see this horrible manager toss a cheer in the dugout, shake his head, put his hands on his knees in disgust, and just all-around show up his players? What a pathetic display. Garner bashed his offense after the game as well. He said that even if the game had lasted 40 more innings his offense probably wouldn't have scored a run. It must suck for Biggio and Bagwell that they have to play for this clown in the twilights of their careers. Hawk must be smiling right now about Garner's meltdown. B)

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 04:40 AM)
Did anyone see this horrible manager toss a cheer in the dugout, shake his head, put his hands on his knees in disgust, and just all-around show up his players?  What a pathetic display.  Garner bashed his offense after the game as well.  He said that even if the game had lasted 40 more innings his offense probably wouldn't have scored a run.  It must suck for Biggio and Bagwell that they have to play for this clown in the twilights of their careers.  Hawk must be smiling right now about Garner's meltdown.  B)

Well, to be fair, Ozzie was throwing his gum down and kicking some stuff around when the Sox were walking everyone in sight in the extra innings.

Also, everyone's local demigod Mike Ditka did much, MUCH worse to his players on the sidelines, where it was more visible ( RIGHT, Emery Moorehead? )

I'm gonna cut the guy a break - tension is high and it's hard to keep composure sometimes.

Human beings and whatnot....

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 08:13 AM)
Well, to be fair, Ozzie was throwing his gum down and kicking some stuff around when the Sox were walking everyone in sight in the extra innings.

Also, everyone's local demigod Mike Ditka did much, MUCH worse to his players on the sidelines, where it was more visible ( RIGHT, Emery Moorehead? )

I'm gonna cut the guy a break - tension is high and it's hard to keep composure sometimes.

Human beings and whatnot....

blah blah blah. garner's a bum. i remember him whining and b****ing for the cameras when oswalt flat out beaned crede too. nobody likes a sore loser, garner!

QUOTE(bighurt2719 @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 07:15 AM)
blah blah blah. garner's a bum. i remember him whining and b****ing for the cameras when oswalt flat out beaned crede too. nobody likes a sore loser, garner!

nobody likes a manager who will roll over either.

QUOTE(bighurt2719 @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 11:15 PM)

So a bum's a guy who gets his team into the world series?

QUOTE(bighurt2719 @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 07:15 AM)

Isn't "beaning" a guy a hit to the head? Crede took it in the chest. :huh Crede got REALLY pissed! LOL!!! Never seen that before, and then the benches looked ready to clear. Those are two teams FIGHTING big time!!! And the "b****ing" was he and Ozzie yelling at each other.

Edited by Kid Gleason

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 05:40 AM)
Did anyone see this horrible manager toss a cheer in the dugout, shake his head, put his hands on his knees in disgust, and just all-around show up his players?  What a pathetic display.  Garner bashed his offense after the game as well.  He said that even if the game had lasted 40 more innings his offense probably wouldn't have scored a run.  It must suck for Biggio and Bagwell that they have to play for this clown in the twilights of their careers.  Hawk must be smiling right now about Garner's meltdown.  B)

garner is a bum for this too. he should give credit where credit is due. the 'stros may be down 3 games to none, but they havent said die yet, and they're playing their best. we are just a flat out better team. thats why we can play as poorly (at times) as we did last night and STILL win!

Garner gives me the creeps, but I don't see him throwing a chair as classless, just frustrated. I listed to some of his post game comments and he blamed his offense, not the umps or anything else so I imagine that was just pure frustration.

Edited by Queen Prawn

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 06:32 AM)
Isn't "beaning" a guy a hit to the head? Crede took it in the chest.  :huh  Crede got REALLY pissed! LOL!!! Never seen that before, and then the benches looked ready to clear. Those are two teams FIGHTING big time!!! And the "b****ing" was he and Ozzie yelling at each other.

More like he and Jurrasic yelling at each other. Garner was classless for sure, but tensions were really high especially for Garner whose Astros are now DOWN 3-0!!.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 07:46 AM)
Garner gives me the creeps, but I don't see him throwing a chair as classless, just frustrated.  I listed to some of his post game comments and he blamed his offense, not the umps or anything else so I imagine that was just pure frustration.

He couldn't blame the ump s though, the calls all went his way last night, with the exception of a borderline ball call. But the home run??? No way anybody can talk about our calls, since none of them were a run, and their blown call WAS a run.

Edited by Kid Gleason

QUOTE(bighurt2719 @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 08:15 AM)

only that piece of s*** Garner would get into a shouting match with Crazy Carl from dugout to dugout. A manager is not supposed to act that way, especially at an opposing player.

I dont think Garner is a bum for fighting for his team and showing his emotions. It wasnt as if he just arbitrarily threw a chair, there was a reason for it.

Honestly, i didnt see anything that Garner did last night that would fall under the "classless" category. He held himself and his team responsible for the loss, he didnt snap on the media, and he talked about what they needed to do to win after the game was over.

And I think Garner knew how important last night's game was. With Backe and an unfit Roger Clemens on the mound for games 4 and 5, last night was really the game the Astros had to win.

And they had plenty of chances too. It's just they couldn't get a hit at all after the 8th, even though they were handed plenty of free passes. Wouldn't you be annoyed with your offense if the White Sox did that last night?