dont stop believing

SoxRock05

QUOTE(SoxRock05 @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 11:40 PM)
The best shot of the night (besides the final out)........i got goosebumbs watching it......the crew singin Dont stop Believing with Steve Perry in the locker room.....anyone agree?

haha, i thought it was hilarious

QUOTE(Johnny @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 08:23 AM)
Priceless moment watch the video...

http://cbs2chicago.com/video/?id=17310@wbbm.dayport.com

i have this gut feeling he is going to be at the sox parade and he will be singing.

Wow!! Thanks so much for that link. That's the Sweet HOME Chicago kinda stuff that I miss SO much. Awesome!

QUOTE(letsgoarow @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 09:46 AM)
he hasnt performed in forever.... Journey actually has a new lead singer.. becuase steve went crazy

Actually....

1996 saw Journey regroup for a new studio recording, Trial by Fire, and a proposed tour. But shortly before the tour was to get underway, Perry discovered that he had a degenerative hip condition, which effectively squashed all plans for a reunion tour (Perry's unwillingness to get corrective surgery right away ultimately led to his ousting from the group, as Journey would soldier on with Perry clone Steve Augeri behind the mic). Perry contributed a pair of tracks to the soundtrack for the 1998 Disney animated film Quest for Camelot before a Perry compilation, Greatest Hits + Five Unreleased, was issued later the same year. Perry was interviewed in the early 21st century for an episode of VH1's Behind the Music that focused on Journey, during which the singer told his side of the story of his ousting from the group and the happenings behind the scenes. In addition to his work with Journey and as a solo artist, Perry has lent his vocal talents to recordings by such other artists as Sammy Hagar, Jan Hammer, and Kenny Loggins.

Personally, the best moment I saw last night was the whole group sitting in the locker room chanting "JERRY JERRY JERRY" when JR came in with the trophy. That and Frank getting his hands on the thing. But yeah, that one was nice too.

I've never enjoyed sitting around listening to Queen, ACDC, and Journey as much in my life.

You realize that the Journey song will forever be remembered with this, right? At first, I thought: you've gotta be freakin kidding me. JOURNEY?

But the song grew on me and I played it on my IPod before every WS game (along with Thunderstruck). And now it will forever be a Sox song for the rest of my life.

The only time I remember something like that was when the Pittsburgh Pirates won the series once (in the 70s I think) and their whole theme song was "We Are Family" by Sister Sledge.

How great is it that Steve Perry ended up coming to games and hanging out in the clubhouse?!!?! Journey is SO South Side! The Cubs would have somebody like Hootie & the Blowfish or... puke... Jimmy Buffet.