World Series Games not exciting

indyman

Quote:

"Yes, the games were close, but they weren't exciting. I'm calling it the third-worst World Series of the ESPN era (since 1979), behind the completely and utterly forgettable affair between the Orioles and Phillies in 1983 and the disastrous Earthquake Series in 1989 between the A's and Giants." David Schoenfield, ESPN

My question ..

Last year's games had Boston scoring in the first in every game...and had no lead changes in the whole series. But ... the 2005 was boring???? Just because it didn't have the Yanks or Red Sox?

:fight

QUOTE(indyman @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 01:22 PM)
Quote:

"Yes, the games were close, but they weren't exciting. I'm calling it the third-worst World Series of the ESPN era (since 1979), behind the completely and utterly forgettable affair between the Orioles and Phillies in 1983 and the disastrous Earthquake Series in 1989 between the A's and Giants."  David Schoenfield, ESPN

My question ..

Last year's games had Boston scoring in the first in every game...and had no lead changes in the whole series.  But ... the 2005 was boring????  Just because it didn't have the Yanks or Red Sox?

:fight

Who cares what they think...we enjoyed, the games were close, sox won them all. That is all that matters.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 01:27 PM)
*sigh*

Can we PLEASE stop talking about this?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 03:25 PM)
Well the BBTN crew was happy with the series. Reynolds said that the first 2 games of the World Series had the loudest crowds he's ever heard. Even more electric than the Yankees.

BBTN was saying nothing but great things about us.

I'm sorry, but if you couldn't watch 4 extremely close, extremely hard fought games in a row and not enjoy the baseball you're watching, there's something really freaking wrong with you.

I enjoyed watching the Red Sox/Yankees series last year. Why? Because games 4, 5, and 6 were absolutely incredible ballgames to watch. Game 7 was pretty much over early.

This series was every single bit as hard fought as those last 4 games of the ALCS, if not more so. I can still remember collapsing backwards onto the floor after Buehrle got that popup in game 3.

If this Series was boring it was because the Sox were too damn good. But I think this is more jealousy than anything. I was going to bring this article up last night when I saw it but I thought it wasn't time yet to hear the complaining.

Screw them all. Listen to, of all people, Peter Gammons who ranks the 2005 Sox team among the great teams EVER. This team set the postseason record for run differencial, AND had 4 pitchers throw consecutive complete games.

Maybe it was boring. But not for us. This was one of the great moments in baseball history and in Chicago history. If other people don't want to see that now, that's fine, but they will have to soon.

:notworthy

QUOTE(G&T @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 05:29 PM)
If this Series was boring it was because the Sox were too damn good. But I think this is more jealousy than anything. I was going to bring this article up last night when I saw it but I thought it wasn't time yet to hear the complaining.

Screw them all. Listen to, of all people, Peter Gammons who ranks the 2005 Sox team among the great teams EVER. This team set the postseason record for run differencial, AND had 4 pitchers throw consecutive complete games.

Maybe it was boring. But not for us. This was one of the great moments in baseball history and in Chicago history. If other people don't want to see that now, that's fine, but they will have to soon.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 03:28 PM)
I'm sorry, but if you couldn't watch 4 extremely close, extremely hard fought games in a row and not enjoy the baseball you're watching, there's something really freaking wrong with you.

This series was every single bit as hard fought as those last 4 games of the ALCS, if not more so.  I can still remember collapsing backwards onto the floor after Buehrle got that popup in game 3.

Damn straight. ANY true baseball fan would have enjoyed watching any one of these games. Good baseball. Schoenfield is an idiot.

Completely assinine. Take each game, play by play, and replace the Sox with the Yankees and the Astros with the Dodgers, and everyone would be calling this the best WS ever. It's a knock on the two teams who played, not the quality of play or the intrigue and intensity of each and every game. Not one game was a clunker, and there's almost always at least one clunker in a seven game series.

I don't care what this guy thinks, b/c I don't even know who he is. It's a moot point and you have to be a moron or just a typical homer to find this series 'boring'. I'll give him irritating, because the Fox broadcast was terrible this year, but boring? Does he even watch baseball?

The thing that sickens me is that ESPN finds a place on their website for this trash. I used to never buy into the East Coast Bias, but after seeing this on garbage on their site, the writing is on the wall.

Now back to the celebration :cheers :cheers

When the final out/batter was recorded in each game.

Game 1 tying run on deck

Game 2 walk-off homer

Game 3 winning run at plate

Game 4 winning run at plate

If this is boring, you are just showing some moronic media bias. I do beleive we blow it out of porportion but this shows that the game is secondary to the stars and media perception of the event.

Every inning of this series was tense, every f'ing inning.

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 10:29 PM)
Completely assinine.  Take each game, play by play, and replace the Sox with the Yankees and the Astros with the Dodgers, and everyone would be calling this the best WS ever.  It's a knock on the two teams who played, not the quality of play or the intrigue and intensity of each and every game.  Not one game was a clunker, and there's almost always at least one clunker in a seven game series.

I'll second this.