One Guy We Will Miss

Lefty Of Love

Sorry if this has already been addressed but amidst all the joy and celebration, we have heard the last of John Rooney. I keep thinking that the Score will no doubt do much better in ratings next year and that they might somehow someway re-consider not giving this guy the money he is due....but it's not gonna happen. :pray

Rooney is the best in the business and should be paid like it. I don't really understand how you can let that kinda talent walk away after all these years, but that's what looks like it's gonna happen.

He was the best and will sorely be missed. What a great thing though that he got to go out calling a White Sox World Series winner!

Thanks for all the memories John, we will never forget :cheers

Jon Rooney...I'm so damn glad your last "White Sox Winner" call included the phrase world series.

I hope he ends up somewhere quality next year. He's as good as there is in the business. I'd love him to end up in LAA. Get a decent announcer on the games I get.

I wonder if he'd be tempted to do a "White Sox Winner" call on the few games where the Sox play wherever he ends up.

Rooney deserves calling his last white sox winner actually being a world series winner. AM 1000 played a highlight of Rooney's call this year including his farewell to all of us. We will definitely miss him. But he might broadcast one of the playoff games for ESPN next year when we're back in the playoffs.

1) I'll miss Rooney. One of the best.

2) Famer is fine. Of course, as someone aligned with St. Rita HS, his alma mater, I may be prejudiced. :rolly

3) I would love to have Black Jack involved in broadcasting, but the little I heard of him, he's as "flat" as hell. :huh:

QUOTE(knightni @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 05:08 AM)
I may be the only one here who thinks this...but, I wouldn't mind Steve Lyons doing color on the radio with Farmer if Rooney doesn't come back.

:D

I have no idea why, but I like Steve Lyons too.

But if Score MGMT doesn't bring back Rooney, I will be severely heated. That guy is unbelievably good at what he does. A rare breed.

I'm not a big Lyons fan. But everytime I think about this offseason it depresses me. Just knowing that PK, Rooney, and Frank might all be gone just pisses me off. We won a world series 2 nights ago, we should be enjoying this but in the MLB, the work is never done.