Saw 2

Jimbo's Drinker

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 05:24 PM)
Exactly people say Saw is so great because of the endings.... well in both cases the endings really sucked considering its just random out of the blue.... Ill admit in the 2nd they at least gave you a clue for 1/2 of the ending if you paid attention.

But the thing in number 2 is the characters never had a chance.  One guy dies right away when they have no clue whats going on.  Than the tape they find in the basement is totally bogus because the guy followed what he was supposed to and got screwed.  Than the 2nd tape was complete bogus since there was only a minute timer and than 2 of the characters dont even get a chance....

I always thought the whole point was for the person to learn to value their life.  How are they learned to value their life when they never get a chance too... the whole plot contradicts everything its apposed to.

Didn't quote understand that "please don't post spoilers" thing, eh...

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 11:19 AM)
Didn't quote understand that "please don't post spoilers" thing, eh...

I said stuff that happened in the movie but if anyone at all has seen saw 1 they knew there would be a lot of dying... and I never gave away the ending... there is a difference.

lol here ya go, but before I spoil I'll recommend Saw 2 for anyone who liked Saw

SPOILERSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't really much like the turn the Jigsaw character took. At first he had a purpose and it was easy to feel sympathetic for him but not in this movie. Some of the people involved weren't really given any chance to live as mentioned earlier and I guess all those goofs in the house were just sacrifices to get the detective. Plus Jigsaw first wanted to help everyone else but then I guess the Amanda girl found him, who knows how, probably played 'hide the sausage' with him and he realized his legacy or whatever could live on through her. Bloody Jigsaw got selfish on us! Anyways, I thought the direction was a little bit worse than the first, the acting a little better, the ending much more plausible, but probably also a little more predictable. Anyone else wonder to themself why the hell the detective fabricated evidence to frame that young girl from 7th Heaven, that doesn't really make sense. With the movie's success and once again praise from fans there will be another sequel for which I hope they use another new director to keep ideas fresh.

6/10

Saw > Cube > Saw 2

p.s. Qwerty's 100% correct when he says

For every movie there are people like you that hate a movie... even if the movie is a master piece ( not saying saw is even close).

Every single movie even the greats, you see some clown write this movie is f***ing horrible, or 'worst movie ever'. So unless someone has something to say about a movie it gets kind of annoying, but this isn't a movie message board so I'm not going to get all huffy about it.

Edited by KipWellsFan

But the thing in number 2 is the characters never had a chance. One guy dies right away when they have no clue whats going on. Than the tape they find in the basement is totally bogus because the guy followed what he was supposed to and got screwed. Than the 2nd tape was complete bogus since there was only a minute timer and than 2 of the characters dont even get a chance....

The guy in the basement wasn't supposed to grab the second antidote, only the one for himself. Also, he wasn't willing to reach through the fire to the knob which shut off the trap.

QUOTE(CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 06:58 PM)
The guy in the basement wasn't supposed to grab the second antidote, only the one for himself.  Also, he wasn't willing to reach through the fire to the knob which shut off the trap.

Good point. Maybe my bud at the theatre is just dumb but he interpreted that the valve inside the oven would increase the gas and kill him more painlessly, doubt it though.

QUOTE(CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 5, 2005 -> 12:58 AM)
The guy in the basement wasn't supposed to grab the second antidote, only the one for himself.  Also, he wasn't willing to reach through the fire to the knob which shut off the trap.

Obviously it was the 2nd one that set off the trap... but the tape told him that they were both safe... said go in there and grab one for himself for helping him and than grab one for someone else.

Nothing in the tape said dont grab both of them... yes he could of turned that wheel but after all the burns he prob would of died a longer and more painful death w/out treatment right away.

QUOTE(CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 5, 2005 -> 12:58 AM)

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------------------------------------

The girl, too, didn't even listen to the tape -- she just reaches right into the box like the ignorant person she's portrayed to be.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Nov 5, 2005 -> 07:40 AM)
SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------------------------------------

The girl, too, didn't even listen to the tape -- she just reaches right into the box like the ignorant person she's portrayed to be.

No point in saying spoiler anymore....

Anyways yeah that one girl was retareded what I dont understand is why did she stick her other hand in there after seeing the fluid all run out of the needle. Also how about the black guy, the other chick, and the guy at the begining.... none of them even got a chance.

This movie had 2 many holes in it for me to really enjoy it. The other one the acting was terrible but everything connected really involving the 2 guys... there was really only 2 dumb things in the 1st one.

I dont know how well you remember the first one but the guy holding the doctors family seemed to be a little mentally ill but was really nice to the old man in the hospital and they never explained what lesson he needed to learn. And than obviously the ending was dumb since it was so out of the blue.