Joke Played on Brad Lidge

Gooch#1fan

ESPN Radio 1000 had interviewed one of the Astros after the world series and they said they were just happy to get as far as they did. After starting off from a 15-30 start and then going the distance all the way to their first world series, they were just happy to get that far. Then one of the guys on ESPN asked how did the team feel about the loss to the cardinals, Lidge giving up the homer to Pujols? One of the Astros replied "we were pretty angry about it, but we knew the cardinals were gonna be a tough team to put away that quick. But when we got on the plane headed to St. Louis we played a joke on Lidge. As the plane started to undergo turbulence coach got on the P.A. system and said" " We are 30 minutes away from St. Louis. Please fasten your seatbelts do to large amounts of turbulence. And as you look out your window slightly to your left you can see the ball pujols hit off of Lidge floating near by"

:lolhitting

spanhta13910172351.h2.jpg

I sat directly across from the Crawford boxes at a game this year. TV does not do justice to how far that ball would have gone if the walls didn't get in the way.

I remember being at Comisky for one of Kittle's roof shots. It is so awesome to see baseballs crushed like that. I think Luzinski may have also hit one that game. But it was Kittle's that I remember the most.

Kittle's blasts in the 80's are still in my memory...they were majestic. So anyone who remembers Kittle's roof shots, can spell ComiNSKY anyway he/she wants.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 06:28 PM)
Agreed. I'm an idiot.

napoleon_dynamite_ver2.jpg

QUOTE(Drew @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 12:30 PM)
Funny, but also foretelling of how the Astros seemingly gave up on Brad Lidge in the postseason.

Yeah, like in game 2 when they put him in with the game tied in the 9th.

Or in game 4 where he came in with the game tied in the 8th.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 02:28 PM)
Yeah, like in game 2 when they put him in with the game tied in the 9th.

Or in game 4 where he came in with the game tied in the 8th.

I was speculating more on Garner's bullpen picks in Game 3. He also overlooked some favorable pinch-hitting matchups like Orlando Palmeiro vs. El Duque.

I'm not complaining, a win is a win for us.

Edited by Drew