• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm..

Shuster- thinks Pierre comes here.

Levine- thinks Pierre doesnt.

Interesting.

Well- JR wanted power = KW obliged.

OG wants more speed= It only makes sense for Pierre to come here.

Keep in mind that Levine has flip-flopped on his Pierre report about ten times since his first one that he was headed to the Cubs. :P

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Nov 24, 2005 -> 12:17 PM)
Here is what Shuster thinks the '06 lineup will look like:

1. Podsednick LF

2. Pierre CF

3. Thome DH

4. Konerko 1B

5. Pierzynski C

6. Dye RF

7. Iguchi 2B

8. Crede 3B

9. Uribe SS

Wow that does look good. But is KW a super GM? Can he do that?

IMO, PK would bat 3rd, Thome 4th, Dye 5th, and AJ 6th. But the players look good to me.

IMO, PK would bat 3rd, Thome 4th, Dye 5th, and AJ 6th. But the players look good to me.

Why do people seem to think that Konerko is more of a #3 hitter than Thome? Thome has 963 career AB's batting third while Konerko only has 69 career AB's in the third spot. While it's a small sample size, Konerko has been awful while batting third. On the other hand, Thome has put up a .991 OPS while batting third in his career. Thome is a better OBP guy and a better slugger than Konerko. That's why he would bat third over Konerko. Konerko would bat cleanup. Dye would likely bat fifth. You don't strictly make a lineup based on a lefty-righty order. You put your best OPS guys and RBI producers in the middle of the lineup. If we also acquired Pierre, the lineup would look something like this:

Podsednik LF

Pierre CF

Thome DH

Konerko 1B

Dye RF

Iguchi 2B

Pierzynski C

Crede 3B

Uribe SS

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(beck72 @ Nov 24, 2005 -> 12:37 PM)
I have to put this out there--would you be willing to trade Brian Anderson as part of a deal to get Pierre? Because from the looks of it, the marlins will be looking for someone to play LF and Cf to start in 2006. If I were the Marlins, I'd want an Ofer in return

I'm not sure. KW is absolutely in love with BA so the Marlins would have to sweeten the deal. It would have to be a 2-3 player deal.

I have to put this out there--would you be willing to trade Brian Anderson as part of a deal to get Pierre? Because from the looks of it, the marlins will be looking for someone to play LF and Cf to start in 2006. If I were the Marlins, I'd want an Ofer in return

I don't think Pierre would be worth Brian Anderson considering he is a free agent after 2006. I wouldn't give up much more than Marte for Pierre.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Nov 24, 2005 -> 12:41 PM)
I'm not sure. KW is absolutely in love with BA so the Marlins would have to sweeten the deal. It would have to be a 2-3 player deal.

I think that would be the asking price. The marlins might have to add a prospect, esp as Pierre will be making some cash and is 1 yr from being a FA.

Ahhh, to be a GM!

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Nov 24, 2005 -> 12:42 PM)
I don't think Pierre would be worth Brian Anderson considering he is a free agent after 2006.  I wouldn't give up much more than Marte for Pierre.

Yep the Marlins have been in love w/ Marte for awhile now. And since they are in re-building mode they will probably also ask for a young prospect as well. Like a Ryan Sweeney or something like that.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Nov 24, 2005 -> 12:42 PM)
I don't think Pierre would be worth Brian Anderson considering he is a free agent after 2006.  I wouldn't give up much more than Marte for Pierre.

But if they are rebuilding big time, Marte would be a luxury the Marlins couldn't afford.

was that you beck or ssh on the score ;) Some fan pretty much said- Juan Pierre will be on the Sox! Woohoo. I'm starting to want this now. More than i wanted it before.

No, but I heard it. That guy was pretty funny. Kind of stupid too though. He said that the Sox would get Pierre just to stick it to the Cubs.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Nov 24, 2005 -> 12:51 PM)
was that you beck or ssh on the score ;) Some fan pretty much said- Juan Pierre will be on the Sox! Woohoo. I'm starting to want this now. More than i wanted it before.

Not me. But why having some random fan saying Pierre would be on the sox give you hope?

JR & KW listens to his fans unlike most owners and GMs. Not only that but, like I said before JR wanted more power- KW obliged. Ozzie wants more speed in the 2 hole AND Pierre fits that bill perfectly! You figure even if it doesnt work out, Pierre is a free agent in '07 so then Anderson can be our CF. I don't know i just like the chances of him here next year.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Nov 24, 2005 -> 01:01 PM)
JR & KW listens to his fans unlike most owners and GMs. Not only that but, like I said before JR wanted more power- KW obliged. Ozzie wants more speed in the 2 hole AND Pierre fits that bill perfectly! You figure even if it doesnt work out, Pierre is a free agent in '07 so then Anderson can be our CF. I don't know i just like the chances of him here next year.

Sounds good. I like pierre as well. I'm just afraid the price to get him will be pretty steep

Kenny Williams is not going to trade for Pierre because some dumb fan raved about him on a radio show. No GM would do something like that. However, your second statement is correct. He would probably try to trade for Pierre if he's what Ozzie wants.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Nov 24, 2005 -> 01:02 PM)
Sounds good. I like pierre as well. I'm just afraid the price to get him will be pretty steep

I don't think it will be that steep. Flordia has a fire-sale going. They obviously want cheap young talent in return and the Sox have a lot of young talent to go around. Sweeney, Broadway, Bajenaro, Young, Borchard, Fields, Diaz, Adkins exe....

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Nov 24, 2005 -> 01:13 PM)
I don't think it will be that steep. Flordia has a fire-sale going. They obviously want cheap young talent in return and the Sox have a lot of young talent to go around. Sweeney, Broadway, Bajenaro, Young, Borchard, Fields, Diaz, Adkins exe....

I'd say no to Young and Broadway.

The fact is- we have more minor league talent than the Cubs have to offer. So wouldn't you say we are ahead of the Cubs in the Pierre sweepstakes?

Yes, but the Cubs are more likely to overpay for Pierre. They desperately need a leadoff hitter and any center fielder not named Corey Patterson. We have a viable option in Brian Anderson so Kenny wouldn't overpay for Pierre just to match the Cubs' offer.