Eggnog

SnB

Yay or Nay?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Yay or Nay?

• Yay
    • Nay

If you’re talking about that yellowish stuff that comes out of a waxed cardboard carton from the dairy case, then no.

If you’re talking about that heavenly homemade drink that contains fresh eggs, milk, cream, sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, brandy and rum – hmmmm. These days, I actually prefer it without the alcohol. Strangely, I never drink it outside of the November-December holiday period.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 08:48 PM)
Yeah why is it that Egg Nog is really only for sale and people only drink it during November/December?

because i would have a 10 heart attacks a year if they sold it year round.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 09:40 PM)
Nay.

Although there's a similar drink made with coconut that's is simply delicious (although, in my old age I drink it sans rum).

Ahhh, that would be coquito, and it is a heavenly holiday gift from our Puerto Rican bretheren.

Yummm! :cheers

I accidently chugged Buttermilk one time (thinking it was a carton of Egg Nog).  Ever since then, I've some troubles with it.  I do like it though.  I just make sure to check the label several times before I indulge.

Mmmmm. Buttermilk. Another delicious milk product which I’m positive isn’t the same as it used to be, but I don’t know what’s different about it now. Also, Buttermilk was the name of Dale Evans’s pretty horse. I hope she didn’t stuff it when it died like her husband, Roy Rogers, did with his horse, Trigger.