Sox DVD

tonyho7476

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 02:24 PM)
I thought it didn't go on sale til the 29th?    Kind of a major f*** up on their part, no?

Yep...Not only that, but Comcast bought rights to show this before it was released...but I don't consider it a f*** up. :P

Stop by and watch it tonight...all are welcome.

Edited by tonyho7476

QUOTE(traydragen @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 01:31 PM)
Soo, I dunno if you guys know this but would this DVD be at my local Best Buy? I live in South Carolina by the way.

I don't know if it will be as readily available there as it will be in Chicago, but you should be able to find it in most sports dvd sections. I'd check Suncoast in malls, or a Tower Records hell, I wouldnt be shocked if Best Buy had it there too, you just wont see any huge display

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 12:47 PM)
I heard on AM1000 that the Best Buy in Downers had the DVD on sale today...so I ran over there...and sure enough...I just bought 2.

Now AM1000 is reporting that the display was just taken down.

BUT I GOT MINE!  HA HA.

I was the one that sent to email carmen and silvy saying my gf went to go get one as soon as they took the display away. That really sucked. Good thing you got yours though!

FYI, from Scott Reifert's Sox Pride blog...

A DVD of the entire Sox season, which will also include behind-the-scenes sound and extra features like our ballpark opening video, commercials and Comcast's coverage of the parade and rally, is due out in early December. So keep both in mind as Xmas gifts for all your Sox fans.

So it looks like the Sox were indeed able to work out copyright issues with the music, etc., on the opening reels. Yet another X-Mas must have!

:)

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 11:59 AM)
FYI, from Scott Reifert's Sox Pride blog...

A DVD of the entire Sox season, which will also include behind-the-scenes sound and extra features like our ballpark opening video, commercials and Comcast's coverage of the parade and rally, is due out in early December.  So keep both in mind as Xmas gifts for all your Sox fans.

So it looks like the Sox were indeed able to work out copyright issues with the music, etc., on the opening reels.  Yet another X-Mas must have!

:)

That would be awesome if we get that opening video...rock on!

I work at a movie store called Coconuts (part of FYE) and the DVD came out early because someone else broke "street date" aka the release date so once this is done business' are alowed to release it. The DVD that is out now is put out every year by MLB for the world series. The next DVD coming out in Devember is being released by the white sox, and it is more of a season highlights and the parade.

It also has been selling pretty well in the store I work at :D