Carlos Delgado traded to NY Mets

maki

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Irishsox1 @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 10:59 AM)
I remember when Delgado was a free agent in Toronto, they asked him about the White Sox and he said that he hates US Cellular field and wouldn't sign with the Sox, no matter what.  So, even though he would be a good fit for the Sox, I wasn't holding my breath.

Too bad he's gonna be disappointed by Shea Stadium then. :bang

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 12:36 PM)
Jacobs + Petit + Salary for Delgado's whole deal = Good for the Mets

Bmac + Sweeney for 1 year of Delgado = Incredibly bad for the White Sox

Just because a trade is good for one team doesn't mean it would be a good trade for everyone. That's what I said for both Boston and NYM's deals. But you sit there and say "He thinks any trade not done by the White Sox is a horrible trade." Right, wtf are you talking about?

The Mets gave up their 2 and 4 prospects in this deal IIRC. So it wouldn't be BMac and Sweeney. It would be Josh Fields and Brian Anderson if you go by Futuresox.com which is a pretty good site in terms of rating our prospects. That deal doesn't seem so bad at all.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 01:36 PM)
The Mets gave up their 2 and 4 prospects in this deal IIRC. So it wouldn't be BMac and Sweeney. It would be Josh Fields and Brian Anderson if you go by Futuresox.com which is a pretty good site in terms of rating our prospects. That deal doesn't seem so bad at all.

Yah, but you can't go by numbers alone. They wanted a really good young pitcher and a pretty good first baseman type of player or somebody like Ryan.

Bmac and Sweeney are probably the two highest of our prospects that fit that bill, so thats who they would have asked for. Not just 2 and 4. and it is close to 2 and 4 anyway. Bmac would be 1 and Sweeney would be probably close to 4 depending on who you ask. And Petit is not 1 because Lastings Milledge is in front of him.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 01:46 PM)
Yah, but you can't go by numbers alone. They wanted a really good young pitcher and a pretty good first baseman type of player or somebody like Ryan.

Bmac and Sweeney are probably the two highest of our prospects that fit that bill, so thats who they would have asked for. Not just 2 and 4. and it is close to 2 and 4 anyway. Bmac would be 1 and Sweeney would be probably close to 4 depending on who you ask. And Petit is not 1 because Lastings Milledge is in front of him.

Then that would probably Gio Gonzalez and Sweeney.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Nov 19, 2005 -> 12:19 AM)
Delgado available?  I think not

If they are willing to deal Josh Beckett, who turns 26 next year, and Lowell while his value is at its lowest, for Blalock, who is solid but not spectacular, and a stud pitching prospect, then I think it shows they are clearly building around Cabrera and Delgado.

pIZZwn3d :fight

The Mets can keep him.

He says he will actually stand with Mets during 'God Bless America'. Wow, thanks for supporting the country that is paying you millions to play a freakin game!

This is not the type of guy that plays for the Sox:

While playing for the Toronto Blue Jays and then with the Florida Marlins last year, Delgado avoided standing on the field when "God Bless America" was played, staying in the dugout, runway or clubhouse.

That is all we need, a player with some sort of political agenda. What next PETA and baseball mits?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2239461

Edited by WinninUgly

QUOTE(WinninUgly @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 01:05 PM)
That is all we need, a player with some sort of political agenda.  What next PETA and baseball mits?

I have 2 words for you: Carl Everett.

I don't think anyone on the team would have a problem with a political agenda if the guy was a good person about it and didn't force it upon others.

On the other hand...according to the Trib... KW struck a deal for Delgado in 2004 at the trading deadline, and Delgado nixed it, so KW basically wanted no part of Delgado. That seems to deal far more with baseball matters.