I know... I know...

kapkomet

I'm like so three years ago, but I finally got off my ass and bought a playstation2.

So what's the best games to get? My gosh there's so many.

And I have the online dealie... so give me a couple of days to get up to speed... and then who'd like to get their ass kicked at what? :lol:

Edited by kapkomet

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 12:11 PM)
I'm like so three years ago, but I finally got off my ass and bought a playstation2.

So what's the best games to get?  My gosh there's so many.

And I have the online dealie... so give me a couple of days to get up to speed... and then who'd like to get their ass kicked at what?  :lol:

Depends on your personal flavor. Sports? RPG? FPS? Puzzle?

Um, well the wife likes those role playing games - or whatever you call them - where you go around looking for stuff and mysteries and all that crap.

I like sports (duh) - but wasn't sure what to get, because there's so much out there.

I can't remember what I got to tell you the truth, I did get one game - European Assault of something, can't remember now.

Resident Evil 3 and 4 were pretty good.

if you're into that sort of thing...the last couple of WWE wrestling games have been pretty good as well. i'm not into the driving games as much but there are quite a few good ones out there.

Congrats on your purchase. i guess that means it's time to start saving for the playstaion 3 coming soon.

:bang

:gosox2: :gosox3:

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 12:11 PM)

So what's the best games to get?  My gosh there's so many.

And I have the online dealie... so give me a couple of days to get up to speed... and then who'd like to get their ass kicked at what?  :lol:

Boo...you should have gotten an XBOX. OK, here come the fan boy shots :ducking:

I had a blast with Burnout 3 and Burnout revenge. I'm normally not into racing games but this one actually encourages you to crash into other cars.

Any of the Medal of Honor or Call of Duty games are fun if you like first-person shooter games (like Doom).

Sports games I can't really comment much on because the last one I bought was MLB 2002. I just rented NFL Blitz the league and it wasn't too bad. I also rented a baseball game but I don't remember which one...

Grand Theft Auto or The Warriors are also fun games if you like going around and causing a lot of violence and mayhem.

Edited by Iwritecode

I am a Nintendo guy, but all of my friends have PS2 so I have played some pretty fun games. If you like adventure games, you could try "Prince of Persia", really cool game. The sequel comes out soon.

I really liked "Gladiator" which is sort of a role playing game/conquest game rolled into one. You basically start as a scrub fighter and move your way up, and there is another facet to the game in which you wage wars.

Sports, well you know what you like and what you want.

For some comic-book type games you could check out Viewtiful Joe 2, which has a strange yet appealing gameplay. For lack of a better explanation, the game goes from 2-D to 3-D throughout the game.

If you want something that will scare the s*** out of you, try Fatal Frame.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 12:23 PM)
I am a Nintendo guy, but all of my friends have PS2 so I have played some pretty fun games.  If you like adventure games, you could try "Prince of Persia", really cool game.  The sequel comes out soon.

ooohhh. Good suggestion Kyle. Prince of Persia is awesome, at least on the X. There is already a sequel, with a third one coming out in the next week or so. Get the first one, it will be cheap. And then you can work your way up. Great idea.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 01:10 PM)
hey, assmunch, you got the network card?  if you don't, i'll get it for you for x-mas. 

Then it can be just like the old times - me whooping your ass at video games, even though I'm 1,000 miles away.

:lol:

That's why you moved 1000 miles away, so we have to play video games against each other instead of full court one on one isn't it?

No I don't have the network card, I had never really had a reason to do so.

my gosh if we played full court one on one now, I'd fall over in about 10 seconds.

from what I hear, the network cards are pretty cool. mine came built in with one.

but I don't have a big hard drive on my station - which means there was one game that i couldn't play online because it was so huge. i don't remember which one it was.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 01:19 PM)
my gosh if we played full court one on one now, I'd fall over in about 10 seconds.

from what I hear, the network cards are pretty cool.  mine came built in with one.

but I don't have a big hard drive on my station - which means there was one game that i couldn't play online because it was so huge.  i don't remember which one it was.

Me too :bang Looking at our pics from the shower, I think we have added about 100 pounds between us since college. :cheers

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 12:19 PM)

from what I hear, the network cards are pretty cool.  mine came built in with one.

but I don't have a big hard drive on my station - which means there was one game that i couldn't play online because it was so huge.  i don't remember which one it was.

You must have gotten one of the slimline ones with the flip-up lid instead of the slid-out tray. I've had both and prefer the newer one much more.

BTW, I think it was a Final Fantasy game that needs the bigger hard drive.