Healthy Lunches at Schools.

Rex Kickass

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Dec 11, 2005 -> 10:25 AM)

How rediculous is that?

On another note, maybe if parents made their kids exercise instead of letting them vegetate in front of the TV or video game all day long they would grow up to be fat-bodies.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Dec 11, 2005 -> 10:52 AM)

On another note,  maybe if parents made their kids exercise instead of letting them vegetate in front of the TV or video game all day long they wouldn't grow up to be fat-bodies.

I agree, and unfortunetly, it's a big problem in L.A. too, and the LAUSD, the biggest farce of a school district in the U.S.A......... :headshake

:gosox3: :gosox1: :gosox2:

:cheers

Even though this stuff is an easy target for a funny headline, the nutritional principles behind the decision are certainly correct.

Except for babies and people with difficulties getting proper nutrition, people who aren’t cruising for all that artery-clogging saturated fat should avoid whole milk. And the difference in fat content between baked versus deep fat fried chips is huge – up to 10 times as much fat for fried.

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Dec 11, 2005 -> 05:34 PM)
Even though this stuff is an easy target for a funny headline, the nutritional principles behind the decision are certainly correct.

Except for babies and people with difficulties getting proper nutrition, people who aren’t cruising for all that artery-clogging saturated fat should avoid whole milk.  And the difference in fat content between baked versus deep fat fried chips is huge – up to 10 times as much fat for fried.

exactly, thats what i was thinking. i dont find this bizarre or weird at all... whole milk IS bad for you and baked chips less so...

Ya, I was going to say, whole milk is absolutely awful for the average person (unless your a baby in need of fat). Baked Chips aren't that horrid for you. They aren't good for you, but they are nowhere near what whole milk is.

This is coming from someone that drinks skim milk though. I can take 1% milk but anything more than that tastes nasty.

I’ve always thought it was kind of weird how humans keep drinking milk even after they’ve been weaned - and from different species of animals to boot.

I've tried soy milk maybe once; can't deal with it even though I like other soy products. I’ve never lost my taste for cow's milk, even though I know I could get the nutritional benefits elsewhere. We used to call skim milk “blue milk” when I was a kid. I wonder if they’re putting something in it these days to make its color look more like the full-fat product.

kitten_and_girl.jpg