TYIB Awards

daa84

QUOTE(daa84 @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 01:59 PM)
mlb.com announced their this year in baseball awards today. Congrats to Ozzie for winning manager of the year and Neal Cotts for winning set up man of the year

:headbang

Nice!

And to think that I thought Kevin Walker would be a better option than Cotts coming out of spring training.

Me

:stupid

Wow! I just heard about this. Ozzie was obviously a no-brainer. But it's awesome to see Neal get some love. I remember being very critical of him when he first came up. Neal has taught me to have more patience with young pitchers when they first get to the dance. Props to Neal on an excellent 05 campaign and many more in the future.

Edited by Jordan4life_2005

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 02:13 PM)
Congrats Neal. I am sure this makes him feel kinda good.

Speaking of Cotts do you guys think he will ever be a starter again? It seems like he will be a closer before a starter again.

I've actually read in a couple places since the Vazquez trade that the Sox may wind up wiht Neal starting at some point in the future, but that's only if/when we start losing people.

If I'm Neal, I look out and see how much money people are spending on quality relief pitching, and think "Maybe I just want to stay right where I am."

Anywho...Congrats Neal...wish I could buy you a shot o' whiskey to celebrate.