For GOP only

Texsox

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, every politician lies, or at the very least makes exaggerations. It really depends what's being lied about that makes it so bad.

Kilpatrick messing around with someone other than his wife I really don't care about that much and it's different from Spitzer's problems but even still Kilpatrick created his own situation so he doesn't have much to complain about.

QUOTE(lostfan @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 06:35 AM)
You know, every politician lies, or at the very least makes exaggerations. It really depends what's being lied about that makes it so bad.

Kilpatrick messing around with someone other than his wife I really don't care about that much and it's different from Spitzer's problems but even still Kilpatrick created his own situation so he doesn't have much to complain about.

It's different in the fact that Spitzer broke one law, and Kilpatrick broke another.

It's whatever. I really don't care to be honest. Much ado is made about this type of BS at every level of politics and it's pretty disgusting IMO. And then just the same, people will go to great lengths to defend it too out of blind and blissfully ignorant partisanship. It's f***ing silly.

By the way, neither party is ethically morally superior to the other.

Edited by lostfan

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/pos...WQ4OGM3M2JjMWM=

Ohio Democrats Talking Criminal Prosecutions For Violating Pledges of Party Allegiance

Rush Limbaugh has laughed in the face of legal threats today, reacting to overwrought charges that his tongue-in-cheek "Operation Chaos" — encouraging listeners to vote for Hillary — somehow violates election laws.

In Cuyahoga County, they're pledging an investigation.

In Virginia, it was a stupid idea when the GOP proposed it - and quickly abandoned it. But in Ohio, it's established law; to vote in the primary, you have to sign an affidavit pledging loyalty to the principles of the Democratic party. One caller told Rush of getting a big laugh at the polling place when he asked, "What principles?"

Rush points out the obvious:

They themselves [Obama and Hillary] have reached out to Democrats and non-Democrats to vote for them. Obama is running ads, or was last week in Pennsylvania urging Republicans to cross over, register, and vote. By the way, tomorrow [today, March 25] is the last day to do this in Pennsylvania. If you're a Republican and you want to vote for either Hillary or Obama to keep Operation Chaos alive in the Pennsylvania primary on April 22nd, you have to do this by tomorrow. You have to register to vote in the Democrat Party by tomorrow. But if I'm indicted, Obama has gotta be indicted, too, because he's running ads urging people to do this. They both need to be indicted, because they're both urging independents, moderates, Republicans to cross over and vote for them in these primaries.

Think about it - madly partisan Democrats want to criminalize those genuine Obamacans; if they are deemed to have insufficient loyalty to the party, they can be prosecuted and if convicted could face six to 12 months in jail and a $2,500 fine.

Pledges of allegiance to the party? Loyalty oaths? Criminal prosecutions for disloyalty? Good time to write a book on that sort of thing...

03/25 02:14 PM

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 03:09 PM)
yuck? Dude - first White Sox fan in the White House! How can you not like that?!?!

Well, I wouldn't have minded it if I didn't think his policies would eventually ruin this country.

Can i just say something that is really bothering me recently. Every-time i hear someone try to criticize McCain, the McCain supporter instantly jumps up and says something like "he's a great american. a war hero. he served his country admirably" then skirts the issue.

Really? Using his service to make up for his lack or knowledge on the economy or "Iran / al-quida" blunder?

Please dont think this is some attack on McCain or his supporters. I just find it really insulting to use his POW experience as a reason to hide any flaws he may have.

That's been one of my bigger issues with this country the last few years, if you dare criticize anything the leadership in this country does, specifically its strategy in the "war on terror" until recently when certain things became obvious, you get labeled as a "silly liberal" or being part of the "blame America first" crowd somehow. People start trying to talk down your patriotism.

Doesn't work with me though, I have several trump cards over that nonsense.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 08:54 PM)
Can i just say something that is really bothering me recently. Every-time i hear someone try to criticize McCain, the McCain supporter instantly jumps up and says something like "he's a great american. a war hero. he served his country admirably" then skirts the issue.

Really? Using his service to make up for his lack or knowledge on the economy or "Iran / al-quida" blunder?

Please dont think this is some attack on McCain or his supporters. I just find it really insulting to use his POW experience as a reason to hide any flaws he may have.

I think that is an inaccurate characterization.

QUOTE(lostfan @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 08:58 PM)
That's been one of my bigger issues with this country the last few years, if you dare criticize anything the leadership in this country does, specifically its strategy in the "war on terror" until recently when certain things became obvious, you get labeled as a "silly liberal" or being part of the "blame America first" crowd somehow. People start trying to talk down your patriotism.

Doesn't work with me though, I have several trump cards over that nonsense.

I've been against Iraq war since the start and haven't had anyone accused me of being "blame America first" or a traitor.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 09:24 PM)
I think that is an inaccurate characterization.

I saw it today. A republican strategist was asked about McCain and the fact the he has missed 56% of congressional votes since Jan of '07. First she tried to push it back on Obama and Clinton. then mentioned something about his service then moved on to something else.

I have sen it SEVERAL times. They preface their comments by saying "he served his country" then move on to spin or ignore.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 10:26 PM)
I've been against Iraq war since the start and haven't had anyone accused me of being "blame America first" or a traitor.

Really? I took a whole lot of flak for it. I wanted double the effort in Afghanistan and to leave Iraq alone and thought the path we were going down was really stupid, and was going to be a mistake. But the responses I'd get were to the effect of "you're a brainded liberal, you don't have a clue"

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 07:54 PM)

I'm sorry, but for you of all people to criticize someone for over-the-top support of a candidate is just ridiculous.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 10:02 PM)
Pay CLOSE attention to 4:40-5:00.

She used his service / POW experience to defend him. "He's a true patriot"

Thats just one person, you're making it seem like the only thing anyone says about McCain is "war hero, back off. you can't criticize".

The other lady in the video, the Dem supporter, was a smirky prick. Saying how McCain was too stupid to help the economy. That doesn't mean the Dems only response to anything is a smirk and make fool out of themselves on tv. It's just means that there was an idiot on tv arguing against McCain.

Edited by mr_genius

I can't say I've seen anyone in here defend McCain by throwing the "He's a vet" card. People out there somewhere may be doing it, but, I don't see it as a pattern of any kind. At least not yet.

And in any case, the fact that he is a decorated vet and a POW, I think does have some value for a President.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 07:58 AM)
I can't say I've seen anyone in here defend McCain by throwing the "He's a vet" card. People out there somewhere may be doing it, but, I don't see it as a pattern of any kind. At least not yet.

And in any case, the fact that he is a decorated vet and a POW, I think does have some value for a President.

It sure makes him the most qualified to talk about the troops and how they should be handled, which is one of the MAJOR issues in the war.

It will be an odd election in the sense that none of the candidates has any executive experience, so it will be interesting to see which of them is perceived to be better in budgetary matters because there isn't a one of them who has done it before.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 08:14 AM)
It sure makes him the most qualified to talk about the troops and how they should be handled, which is one of the MAJOR issues in the war.

It will be an odd election in the sense that none of the candidates has any executive experience, so it will be interesting to see which of them is perceived to be better in budgetary matters because there isn't a one of them who has done it before.

On the other hand, since they are all Senators, maybe the wheels will get greased and Congress and the President will get more done together.