Tim Redding

DBAHO

Give Kenny some credit. I’m sure he picked him up for a reason. I can't see anyone arguing with any moves he makes, with what he did last year. Give it time.

If he sucks like Robert Person then they will dump him. If he turns his career around like Loazia then it will be a good move. Give it time.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Dec 22, 2005 -> 05:08 PM)
Not necessarily true. He signed a minor league contract so he'll be in AAA unless he show's us something in ST. And if he shows us something in ST, he must have improved something. See: Pablo Ozuna

Most minor league deals are not guaranteed, so I'd guess that he's gone if he doesn't show something in st. No reason to waste even a minor league spot on him if he performs anything like he has the past 2 seasons. Basically zero risk, it's a fine move, but I don't think he's worth any place on this team, whatever his spring looks like.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Dec 22, 2005 -> 10:15 AM)
Redding sucks. If he makes the White Sox, the Sox are in trouble.

You got that right. With the record he had, our White Sox would be in deep trouble. I remember some bad pitchers the Sox had over the years. After winning the World Series, I would prefer to keep lousy pitchers a thing of the past!

QUOTE(whitesox1976 @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 03:56 PM)
You got that right.  With the record he had, our White Sox would be in deep trouble. I remember some bad pitchers the Sox had over the years. After winning the World Series, I would prefer to keep lousy pitchers a thing of the past!

He said he finally feels healthy. It's certainly possible his poor performances the last 2 years were majorly contributed by this. Will he be lights out, probably not. However, maybe converting him to a reliever will help his cause. It has worked for many before. As stated numerous times throughout this thread, no risk. Take a shot, and see what comes of it.

QUOTE(SEALgep @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 10:10 AM)
He said he finally feels healthy. It's certainly possible his poor performances the last 2 years were majorly contributed by this. Will he be lights out, probably not. However, maybe converting him to a reliever will help his cause. It has worked for many before. As stated numerous times throughout this thread, no risk. Take a shot, and see what comes of it.

He wasn't that great before that. His big season he was 10-14 with a decent ERA, and the 2 years before that he was horrible, but that could be explained by youth and inexperience. Its not as if he has done anything on the major league level to think he is anything but spring training and possibly AAA filler. But, like has been mentioned in the thread, there really is no risk with this signing. Maybe he discovers something and turns into the next Loaisa. I wouldn't hold my breath.