MVP 06 Release Date

QUOTE(SnB @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 01:28 PM)
yeah, you can preorder at any website really, ebgames, gamestop, amazon.  Though it kinda defeats the purpose since shipping will take an extra day anyway.

No, I meant to say pre-order it via the web, but pick it up at the gamestop near you.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 05:24 PM)
Don't expect this game to be hard to find.

It's not going to be a huge release at all.

You should be able to get it without preordering.

but EB also said, while it's not going to be a huge demand, most stores aren't getting a big supply either. You're right, you'll probably be able to find it no problem, but at least for me, it wasn't out of my way and doesn't cost anything extra.

Quick first impressions: Right analog swing takes a lot of getting used to, right now I'm just coaching the games. I like it, though.

Also, unless I'm an idiot (a good possibility), I don't see how the recruiting packages work. You select "recruiting package" but then it doesn't say what the package is. Well, it's only March, maybe that's done in the offseason.

i just finished my first game, beating michigan 9-0 w/ the illini.

-I used the old MVP batting system, i just couldn't get used to the new analog one.

-fielding with the analog takes some practice, but is solid

-Illinois' default home stadium has corn fields past the home run fence.....i laughed.

I haven't tried any of the dynasty stuff yet, but i'll get back to you tonight.

If anyoen has any questions, just post them, i'll get to 'em sometime tonight.

Anyone else buy it yet?

Seems pretty good, but I've only played a couple of innings. Pitching seemed choppy at first, but I'll get used to it. The hitting system is very, very awkward right now, but on my first hit, I lined one back up the middle. Once I get the hang of it, I think it will be a really cool addition.

I also like the new 'throw' meter, though, like everything else, it's really wierd right now. Basically, you have to push the joystick towards the base your throwing to, and if you move the joystick 'off-center', then the throw will go wayward.

I think psxrosters.com will be doing a set of rosters for this game. I can't wait. I doubt I'm going to cheat and be Texas, but it'll be nice seeing Danks in the game.

I'm still debating on who to be on franchise/dynasty. Oklahoma State and TCU seem like the two I'm debating between (Josh Fields and Lance Broadway's former school's), but who knows...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 19, 2006 -> 09:38 PM)
Anyone else buy it yet?

Seems pretty good, but I've only played a couple of innings.  Pitching seemed choppy at first, but I'll get used to it.  The hitting system is very, very awkward right now, but on my first hit, I lined one back up the middle.  Once I get the hang of it, I think it will be a really cool addition. 

I also like the new 'throw' meter, though, like everything else, it's really wierd right now.  Basically, you have to push the joystick towards the base your throwing to, and if you move the joystick 'off-center', then the throw will go wayward. 

I think psxrosters.com will be doing a set of rosters for this game.  I can't wait.  I doubt I'm going to cheat and be Texas, but it'll be nice seeing Danks in the game.

I'm still debating on who to be on franchise/dynasty.  Oklahoma State and TCU seem like the two I'm debating between (Josh Fields and Lance Broadway's former school's), but who knows...

be northwestern, so you can get rocked everyday.

My roommate actually just bought the game and I was watching it a bit, it looks alright, I dont know if all the stadiums are detailed by their surroundings which I doubt but its an NCAA game it cant be perfect, Ill test it out sooner or later, other than that it seems like a good game from what i watched.

QUOTE(SnB @ Jan 19, 2006 -> 10:22 PM)
be northwestern, so you can get rocked everyday.

I'm Northwestern, and they are actually doing decently, and that's with Simming/Coaching pretty much all the games. I'm about to start Conference play.

Where can you change it back to the old hitting system? Is it in game under options?

QUOTE(farmteam @ Jan 19, 2006 -> 11:07 PM)
I'm Northwestern, and they are actually doing decently, and that's with Simming/Coaching pretty much all the games.  I'm about to start Conference play.

Where can you change it back to the old hitting system?  Is it in game under options?

yep in options, just pick the "classic" option. I'm checking out the one other option, zone hitting now, to see what that is.

I had to switch back to the classic hitting style. I'm having a hell of a time hitting still though. Don't know whats up, but it may be because my team has 20 freshman on it. I made my own school and than took a D roster in the big west and boy did they blow.

Simmed through my 1st season to get to recruiting and holy cripes all my team was seniors and my 2 good underclassmen transfered (probably because the team started 0-14). One thing pissed me off, Illinois won the whole damn thing. Thats bulls***. No way should that happen in the 1st year of the dynasty. To make matters worse, Fullerton was under .500. So a perrenial national title contender goes under .500 while the Illini win the whole damn thing.