MVP 06 Release Date

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 12:59 PM)
I had to switch back to the classic hitting style.  I'm having a hell of a time hitting still though.  Don't know whats up, but it may be because my team has 20 freshman on it.  I made my own school and than took a D roster in the big west and boy did they blow.

Simmed through my 1st season to get to recruiting and holy cripes all my team was seniors and my 2 good underclassmen transfered (probably because the team started 0-14).  One thing pissed me off, Illinois won the whole damn thing.  Thats bulls***. No way should that happen in the 1st year of the dynasty.  To make matters worse, Fullerton was under .500.  So a perrenial national title contender goes under .500 while the Illini win the whole damn thing.

Haha, that's awesome. Don't be jealous because we have a better baseball school than you do :lol:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a game, first game that has finally gotten me off of playing NCAA Football.

I am 1-0 so far with the Illini, what a first game it was, 3-3 into the 16th, I hit a 3 run jack. Come back in the bottom with a new pitcher, first pitch I throw is hit out. I hung on for a 6-4 win :D

Edited by orangekrush88

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 12:59 PM)
I had to switch back to the classic hitting style.  I'm having a hell of a time hitting still though.  Don't know whats up, but it may be because my team has 20 freshman on it.  I made my own school and than took a D roster in the big west and boy did they blow.

Simmed through my 1st season to get to recruiting and holy cripes all my team was seniors and my 2 good underclassmen transfered (probably because the team started 0-14).  One thing pissed me off, Illinois won the whole damn thing.  Thats bulls***. No way should that happen in the 1st year of the dynasty.  To make matters worse, Fullerton was under .500.  So a perrenial national title contender goes under .500 while the Illini win the whole damn thing.

HA

the 2 season's i've simulated had Nebraska and GT winning it.

Recruiting in this game is kind of weird, but then again, i haven't had much time to play yet.

QUOTE(farmteam @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 08:14 PM)
They kinda seem like last years.

they are last years, i guess when they were making the game in the fall, most teams didn't have their 06 rosters available (which makes sense)

After playing through it a bit tonight, the difficulty's seem the same as last year

2nd level (varsity) -really really fun, but maybe a bit too easy

3rd level (all american) - ridiculously frustrating

I'm going to play this weekend on varsity and see if it's too easy as i go through my dynasty.

Also, I think i found it a little too enjoyable that I opened up with duke and beat the living s*** out of them.

Heres what me and my friend did

We made a team called "Young White Sox"

we took all the stats from mvp 2005 rosters, and copied down the stats from most of the white sox players

then we made college players exatcly like the major league players, with stats that are proportional to the mvp 2005 stats

For Example "Jeb Buehrle" and "Miguel Uribe" Same numbers and stuff. It actually took us about an hour to do, but its really fun playing with the Young Sox

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 22, 2006 -> 12:07 PM)
I starting to get frusterated with this game.

Im on Varsity and only scratching out 2 runs a game, and now im having problems with the base running.

I had a guy on 2nd with 1 out, and my man at the plate hit a shot right up the middle. The guy on 2nd started for 3rd and would have scored, but when it hit the OF grass(this was a line shot, no way it was a flyout) he runs back to 2nd without me touching anything. I then had to send him to 3rd, and he had no chance to score. Very annyoing.

i'm having a blast on varsity w/ zone hitting. Averaging from 3-6 runs.

But i agree with you on the baserunnign stuff, you have to really pay attention and correct them right away.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 22, 2006 -> 04:05 PM)
Explain Zone hitting Steve. I have yet to try it, and it might work for me...

it's like the old high heat games.

Basically, you point the analog stick to where the ball is going to end up.

IE: a high fastball, hold up on the analog and swing, low and away breaking ball, point the analog toward it and swing.

It's different from classic because in classic, you can basically hit anything out by holding up and swinging.

And in zone hitting, you can use the power/contact mode hitting.

I like it alot.

Guys, I'd really suggest giving the load-and-fire system a chance.

It's frustrating at first. Extremely frustrating. But, play the hitting mini-game with it (for about an hour or so), and you'll have the basics down enough to give it a shot in the game.

It's well worth it, believe me. You actually almost feel proud of yourself once you hit a homer. I was playing on All-American, this pitcher threw me a changeup on the inside part of the plate -- I sat on it all the way, and absolutely blasted it out to LF. It was awesome. Once you get your timing down, it's absolutely beautiful.

The only thing I've yet to figure out is baserunning while using the L-and-F system. I don't know how to take leadoffs. That's a problem.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 22, 2006 -> 09:54 PM)
Guys, I'd really suggest giving the load-and-fire system a chance. 

It's frustrating at first.  Extremely frustrating.  But, play the hitting mini-game with it (for about an hour or so), and you'll have the basics down enough to give it a shot in the game. 

It's well worth it, believe me.  You actually almost feel proud of yourself once you hit a homer.  I was playing on All-American, this pitcher threw me a changeup on the inside part of the plate -- I sat on it all the way, and absolutely blasted it out to LF.  It was awesome.  Once you get your timing down, it's absolutely beautiful.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 09:22 PM)
No.f***ing.s***.

I just went a 13 inning game with Nebraska only to lose 1-0.

I cant hit worth a f***ing lick right now. I owned MVP last year on the 2nd hardest level(this years All American) but right now I cant do ANYTHING.

I am having a hell of a time hitting on Varsity. Than again I don't have one hitter above 70 in either power or contact, but thats why my team is a D-. I had an 18 inning game that I won on a walkoff homer 1-0.

I have started winning, but its solely because I can pitch (which is basically how the first month or so of me playing MVP seemed to be). I'm doing classic hitting though, none of that joystick for me.

QUOTE(SnB @ Jan 22, 2006 -> 12:27 PM)
i'm having a blast on varsity w/ zone hitting.  Averaging from 3-6 runs.

But i agree with you on the baserunnign stuff, you have to really pay attention and correct them right away.

What the hell is zone hitting?

Classic hitting is the same as last years system (correct?). Or am I retarded and using the directional joystick for no reason?

QUOTE(SnB @ Jan 22, 2006 -> 02:28 PM)
it's like the old high heat games.

Basically, you point the analog stick to where the ball is going to end up.

IE: a high fastball, hold up on the analog and swing, low and away breaking ball, point the analog toward it and swing.

It's different from classic because in classic, you can basically hit anything out by holding up and swinging.

And in zone hitting, you can use the power/contact mode hitting.

I like it alot.

I don't get it. In classic on the higher levels I never was able to just hold up and hit homers. Most of the time pitchers throw the ball down anyway. But than again I'm feeble on offense.

stolen from the operation sports board

Classic: Even if you don't move the stick the batter will swing where the ball is at and use his contact ratings etc.. for success rate. You can move the stick to try and influence where the ball his hit. So if its a low and away pitch and you pull stick to pull, more than likely you'll hit a weak dribbler. But if you swing "with the pitch" to the opposite field you will get better wood on it.

Zone: If you don't move stick he will always swing middle of the plate. You have to move stick to the location of the ball to get good results.