Is Griffey available?

Guest hotsoxchick1

:fyou griff... not only no but HELL NO...we already have enough of his type here..........we need fresh and young....not old and broken down......and too costly to boot............no freakin way in hell we take on griff..........

At least he can play defense in CF. :D

In all seriousness, I would be in favor of going after him. He has a long term contract that isn't TOO expensive in the grand scheme of things. His left handed bat would fit awesome in the middle of our line up. And it is a short poke out to the bullpen sports bar for him.

More than likely it will take the removal of some salary to accomplish this, but us and Cincy could be trading partners as they excess in the OF and we have minor league pitching that they could use.

Guest hotsoxchick1

well hell rowand can play good defense in cf... why the hell do we need injury prone out of date griff for???? geez........why waste the money and a trade of player for something we dont need really.........

:fyou  griff... not only no but HELL NO...we already have enough of his type here..........we need fresh and young....not old and broken down......and too costly to boot............no freakin way in hell we take on griff..........

fyou.gif griff... not only no but HELL NO...we already have enough of his type here..........we need fresh and young....not old and broken down......and too costly to boot............no freakin way in hell we take on griff..........

No one person is greater than the team as a whole. If Ken Griffey Jr is available, and I might seriously doubt he is as long as the Reds contend, I think we should make an attempt to get him. As long as they don't think he is of the caliber of a Maggs.

I'd only take him if the Reds threw in ( at NO extra charge ) the guy who'd have to play the 70 to 90  games a year Griffey misses due to injuries!

Don't want him...nope.

I don't even want him with his sub - he is on the DL every year for extended, extended periods and I think his time is pretty much in the past

don't want him... nope

I remember the Reds offered him to us last winter for Mags straight up and KW laughed at them as he should have. Only way I'd be interested in Griffey would be for cheap prospects and that's not going to happen.

Before the start of the season, i read some artilces saying that the Reds offered him to the Sox for Maggs. I dont wanna this guy that cant play a full season anymore in his career. And his contract would just kill us.

:o , i cant believe that Cris Singleton is hitting .324. :o

It's that Billy Beane genius happening again. Actually, Singleton did hit in the .290's for us one year (2000?). Then he injured his wrist and whatever bat speed he had, left him for quite awhile. Maybe, he's getting it back and will end up hitting a respectable .275 for Oakland... maybe.