Recruiting Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently the FSU staff got a call from McCray with "bad news", his annoucement is at 2:30 tomorrow our time, so soon after that we'll know, but it won't be on ESPNU until like 6. Also, a week from tomorrow (the 21st), Josh Brent and Martez Wilson are having a joint presser (it was moved back a day so it can be on ESPNU) at Simeon, and virtually every Illini reporter from downstate has been invited.

So in other words, things looking good on all 3 of them.

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Dec 13, 2006 -> 04:05 PM)
Golden Tate is also Irish!!!

Him and Armando Allen are 2 of the most athletic players in this entire class, they are great gets and the kind of players ND has to get if they plan on playing with the Michigan's and USC's of the world every year.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 10:33 PM)
Of course he didn't. Lemming did the whole thing in regards to that article to try and get Tez to ND and McCray to FSU. He basically was just spewing BS in order to try and give Illinois' recruiting opponents negative recruiting tools, because the a-hole is jealous of what Zook is doing recruitwise. That may sound ridiculous, but it's a fact, I mean after all, Lemming IS PAID by Notre Dame. I don't think it will work though, Illinois is in too good with these guys.

Lemming is paid by ND? That sounds ridiculously untrue. Any solid source on that, or is that comment hold the same validity as a "zook pays his players" statement?

QUOTE(Fotop @ Dec 13, 2006 -> 10:57 PM)
Lemming is paid by ND? That sounds ridiculously untrue. Any solid source on that, or is that comment hold the same validity as a "zook pays his players" statement?

No, he is actually paid by ND, although I don't know what the title is or if it has a lot to do with recruiting. I'll have to look out for the link on that though, haven't seen it online in a while, I last read an article about it in a newspaper.

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ Dec 13, 2006 -> 06:18 PM)
Sucks you're going to miss out on Martez

Sucks he's never going to go to a BCS bowl.

Loss for ND, for sure. But at least they're all going to UofI where they wont interfere with ND in any way. Much better than going to USC, Michigan, et al.

QUOTE(Fotop @ Dec 13, 2006 -> 11:02 PM)
Loss for ND, for sure. But at least they're all going to UofI where they wont interfere with ND in any way. Much better than going to USC, Michigan, et al.

Yeah, wouldn't want him at a school Notre Dame plays against, like Army, Navy, the Air Force, Coast Guard, Stanford, Michigan State, North Carolina. They are already loaded, after all. :P

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 05:00 AM)
No, he is actually paid by ND, although I don't know what the title is or if it has a lot to do with recruiting. I'll have to look out for the link on that though, haven't seen it online in a while, I last read an article about it in a newspaper.

Are you sure about that? I know that he is a huge ND fan and tends to put a positive spin for ND on everything, but I don't think he is actually paid by ND. Because he is so bias for ND I tend to ignore most of the speculation that he writes about and only pay attention to the facts(like Wilson canceling his in-house visit from Weis).

"Yeah, wouldn't want him at a school Notre Dame plays against, like Army, Navy, the Air Force, Coast Guard, Stanford, Michigan State, North Carolina. They are already loaded, after all."

Is the question that follows that statement, what do all these teams have in common? Answer...more wins than the UI this past season. All joking aside, ND makes their schedule years in advance(like most schools) and they can't help if teams that are strong 5 years ago are all of a sudden weak 5 years down the road when they play them. ND also has many traditional opponents that they pretty much have to play. You will never see ND play a division one-AA or division two team(make all the jokes you want about the service academies - ask Tenn about Air Force and Navy is heading to a bowl game) like a lot of traditional powers.

"Sucks you're going to miss out on Martez"

I am not going to pretend that not landing Wilson doesn't hurt. Anytime you lose out on a 5 star calibur recruit it hurts. With that said, ND will be fine. They already have two verbals from two highly thought of DE(plus they still have outsides chances with Griffen and Martin).

Trattou - Is rated the number thirty-four player in the country(Wilson rated twenty-nine) according to Scout. He is a highly underrated prospect(especially if you use Rivals rankings) who is the star defensive player on maybe the best defense in high school football this year. His videos are simple amazing. He has a sick combo of size, quickness, athletism, and motor/nastiness. Furthermore, he has more size than Wilson at this point(already two-fifty lb) to start from day one at DE.

Neal - Another underrated prospect who was flying under the radar until he became ND's first verbal almost a year ago. Since than he has been skyrocketing up the rankings. ESPN has him ranked twenty-five in the country and Scout recently upgraded him to a four-star prospect. Take high school stats with a grain of salt, but this guy put up some amazing stats this past season(one-hundred+ tackles, twenty+ tackles for loss, ten+ sacks), especially for a DE.

If Wilson intends to play LB in college, than ND already has two solid LB verbals in Nagel and Paskorz, plus the number one rated LB in the country(according to most recruiting experts) Donald is going to choice between Tenn and ND and Scouts top rated WLB(Lorenzo Edwards) is currently a slight lean to ND. So yes, losing Wilson hurts, but ND still has a very talented class at those two positions. UI needs Wilson a lot more than ND does at this point.

QUOTE(Fotop @ Dec 13, 2006 -> 11:02 PM)
Sucks he's never going to go to a BCS bowl.

Ya just pretend like you don't care about losing him.

f*** ya McCray!

I'm not surprised about losing recruits to UF, LSU, and other programs like that, but like I just posted: The kid is from Jacksonville and has ties to the Dline coach. Damn, what's with you people and trying to pick fights?

Edited by chimpy2121

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 07:17 PM)
LOL, that's a fight? I guess we can't comment or express opinions in this thread.

That comment you made seemed like it was a bash towards my team. I didn't bash UofI. I don't have any reason to. I like them, they're from my home state. I even was going to go to UofI before I found out my parents were moving to Florida.

If you want to bash go ahead. I was wrong and you can say whatever you want to say. I know FSU sucks this year, but it's not like you gota kick me while I'm down.

Edited by chimpy2121