Crazy Sale at mlb.com

SnB

QUOTE(Ishmookie @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 06:20 PM)
i still havent got my al champs stuff and i ordered it the night they won.

I had problems with my order too.

I called MLB.com, (888-MLB-SHOP) and received credit.

they even admitted on being overwhelmed with orders and mixing up addresses.

QUOTE(smalls2598 @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 11:22 AM)
I had problems with my order too.

I called MLB.com, (888-MLB-SHOP) and received credit.

they even admitted on being overwhelmed with orders and mixing up addresses.

Doesn't that make you wonder? Isn't all of this supposed to be done with computers?

Are we supposed to believe that there is some guy in India sitting on the other end writing all our orders down by hand? How the hell do they mix up orders?

I got all my championship stuff, but it did take a month for a lot of it, and I would say about 50% of it was made so poorly that it started coming apart within 2-3 wearings.

AL Champs Hoodie came with the pocket attached wrong(luckily my girlfriend is a wiz with the sewing machine so she just fixed it instead of sending it back).

WS Champs Longsleeve had the left sleeve start unravelling after 1 washing.

I guess they know that when a team wins the WS, their fans will buy anything, and it doesn't matter how poor the service or product is, MLB will still make their money off of it.

Otherwise there is no explanation, this isn't the first time a team won the WS since the internet was invented and MLB started taking orders online, how could they not have had their s*** together by now?

Well now I know for '06 and '07, buy all my stuff at local stores, even if it means waiting a couple of weeks. I'll still have it sooner than MLB.com will get it to me, and it will be a lot easier to return things when the shoddy merchandise that they push out when a team wins a championship starts to unravel.