Teenage Girls thumb their nose at the Law

Kyyle23

QUOTE(bmags @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 02:03 PM)
people underage drink everyday

seriously the kids should never have even been ON probation. I think the judge was ridiculous and the school

Find me a case where a kid came to a school or a school function wasted and didnt even get probation.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 07:34 PM)
Sure, kids coming to prom wasted is ok.  It happens every day so it shoudl be made legal.  We should just eliminate all of the underage drinking laws because they are broken every day, right?  

These kids got what they deserved, just because you sympathize doesnt make it right.  When i graduated in 1996, there were 7 guys at my prom who were busted for drinking at the prom.  This isnt something out of the blue, this is a common occurence now.  Why?  Because underage drinking is illegal.

the "underage kids drink everyday" came from you justifying posting that article without copyright and saying "people do it all the time"

I'm in college and i drink. i'm underage. Do i feel like i'm doing something wrong? no. You know why? Because i know that the legislators who passed that 21 law likely drank before 21. To me its like going 50 in a 45 speed zone.

So do i agree with a judge giving kids probation for drinking at a twice in a lifetime event notorious for drinking and popping cherrys, then finding pictures of them drinking in college, alerting their probation officers, bringing them back in court and jailing them. And saying badass statements like "maybe you should think about a different line of work". NO N...f***ing O

QUOTE(Soxy @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 01:43 PM)
or preaching to the choir. . .

Yep.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.. until some asshole harms you or someone in your family it's "ok", no matter what the law is.

QUOTE(bmags @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 02:57 PM)
the "underage kids drink everyday" came from you justifying posting that article without copyright and saying "people do it all the time"

I'm in college and i drink. i'm underage. Do i feel like i'm doing something wrong? no. You know why? Because i know that the legislators who passed that 21 law likely drank before 21. To me its like going 50 in a 45 speed zone.

How do you feel about drunk drivers? If they make it home, it must be ok? You must be a pretty lenient guy.

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 07:58 PM)
Yep.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.. until some asshole harms you or someone in your family it's "ok", no matter what the law is.

i've read that second sentence like 15 times and its still not making sense to me.

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 02:57 PM)
Not whining about it. I'd just hate to see the site in trouble because of something like that.

changed to green. which was what I meant it to be in the first place.

QUOTE(bmags @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 01:57 PM)

Next time you get pulled over for doing 50 in a 45 (yes, it can happen) try telling the cop that because eveyone else does it and gets away with it that you should be able to do the same thing and don't deserve a ticket.

You might have a few seconds to drive away while the cops is rolling on the ground laughing.

There's no such thing as "a little bit illegal".

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 08:01 PM)
Next time you get pulled over for doing 50 in a 45 (yes, it can happen) try telling the cop that because eveyone else does it and gets away with it that you should be able to do the same thing and don't deserve a ticket.

You might have a few seconds to drive away while the cops is rolling on the ground laughing.

There's no such thing as "a little bit illegal".

I am, and then i'm gonna get Probation and take pictures of my speedometer going 90 in a school zone flicking off the camera and saying "f*** you cop"

LOL OLKLOLOLOOLOL and then he'll bust me LOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOL

QUOTE(bmags @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 03:04 PM)
I am, and then i'm gonna get Probation and take pictures of my speedometer going 90 in a school zone flicking off the camera and saying "f*** you cop"

If you were that stupid, I bet he would.

QUOTE(bmags @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 02:04 PM)

Now you're changing your arguement. Your first response was

seriously the kids should never have even been ON probation

which is pretty much saying that because "everyone else does it", they should have never been punished in the first place. That's pretty flawed logic to begin with.

Then when the kids went out and got busted for doing the exact same illegal activity you don't think they should be punished a second time as well?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 08:11 PM)
with the arguments you have presented in this thread?  Absolutely.

The argument that the typical punishment for underage drinking is a fine and then a suspension from the school, but the judge decided to put them on probation that apparantly was long enough to span the months of them entering college, and for some odd reason they started to drink, and then busts them after seeing them on the internet and THROWS THEM IN JAIL!??!!? is a little OVER THE TOP in this case...

yes, REALLY ridiculous