Teenage Girls thumb their nose at the Law

Kyyle23

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it takes two generations for change to really take root. Our grandparents can be thanked for the way they raised their kids, and our parents can be thanked for what we have today. If 50% of marriages end up with divorce, I would conjecture that about 50% of kids will end up being s***heads from the outset.

Some people were never meant to marry. Some people should never be parents. Some kids will end up being s*** heads.

"More than 400 digital photos showed some students appearing passed out, others using special tubes to gulp beer, couples playing a drinking game called "beer pong," inebriated girls sitting on toilets -- all of it tagged with captions, many of them profane and aimed at Martone. Stesney, visiting from Detroit, and Senopole, Meershaert's roommate, were also shown drinking at parties at MSU."

Oh my god, they use SPECIAL TUBES.

Wow, lets go ahead and convinct every college kid who is drinking underage and has pictures to prove it. Talk about the judge taking something a little too far. My whole dorm/fraternity would have been jailed. s***, my parents let us have some beers once we got into college, it was even legal in OXford if your parents were with you. I think this is complete bulls***.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 01:16 PM)
Wow, lets go ahead and convinct every college kid who is drinking underage and has pictures to prove it.  Talk about the judge taking something a little too far.  My whole dorm/fraternity would have been jailed.  s***, my parents let us have some beers once we got into college, it was even legal in OXford if your parents were with you.  I think this is complete bulls***.

If a college kid is stupid enough to do what she did, they deserve to get busted. With the ready availability of information on the internet, this girl thought she wouldnt get caught and she did.

You can think its bulls***, but the girl still violated her probation, and she is still 3 years underage. If she wants to party, she aughtta learn a little modesty.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 01:16 PM)
Wow, lets go ahead and convinct every college kid who is drinking underage and has pictures to prove it.  Talk about the judge taking something a little too far.  My whole dorm/fraternity would have been jailed.  s***, my parents let us have some beers once we got into college, it was even legal in OXford if your parents were with you.  I think this is complete bulls***.

I believe the conviction also involved contempt of court. They made a mockery of the judge and his - no, "our" - court. Yes, kids will be kids... but so too, the law will be the law.

SFF

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 12:16 PM)
"More than 400 digital photos showed some students appearing passed out, others using special tubes to gulp beer, couples playing a drinking game called "beer pong," inebriated girls sitting on toilets -- all of it tagged with captions, many of them profane and aimed at Martone. Stesney, visiting from Detroit, and Senopole, Meershaert's roommate, were also shown drinking at parties at MSU."

Oh my god, they use SPECIAL TUBES.

Just because you never got caught doesn't mean it wasn't still illegal. That's exactly what happened here.

The fact that they were dumb enough to take pictures of their illegal activities and post them on the internet made it even worse.

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 01:51 PM)
Speaking of illegal, what are the copyright laws regarging reposting entire articles?

It isnt a members only article, I got it off of a Sports Radio host blog. I dont think I am doing anything wrong posting that article here, people do it every day.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 06:55 PM)
It isnt a members only article, I got it off of a Sports Radio host blog.  I dont think I am doing anything wrong posting that article here, people do it every day.

people underage drink everyday

seriously the kids should never have even been ON probation. I think the judge was ridiculous and the school

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 12:55 PM)
It isnt a members only article, I got it off of a Sports Radio host blog.   I dont think I am doing anything wrong posting that article here, people do it every day.

I happened to notice "Copyright © 2006 Detroit Free Press Inc." at the bottom of the article.

I thought that means it's copyrighted and you aren't allowed to use it without permission.

Interesting site on copyright laws.

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE(bmags @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 02:03 PM)

seriously the kids should never have even been ON probation. I think the judge was ridiculous and the school

What it looks like we have hear is a disconnect in logic. If illegal behavior is common the law should not apply the consequences? If you want to make sense, I would suggest reframing the argument - you are going to have to suggest that teenage drinking should be legal. Good luck to you on that one.

SFF

QUOTE(bmags @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 02:03 PM)

Sure, kids coming to prom wasted is ok. It happens every day so it shoudl be made legal. We should just eliminate all of the underage drinking laws because they are broken every day, right?

These kids got what they deserved, just because you sympathize doesnt make it right. When i graduated in 1996, there were 7 guys at my prom who were busted for drinking at the prom. This isnt something out of the blue, this is a common occurence now. Why? Because underage drinking is illegal.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 12:41 PM)
If a college kid is stupid enough to do what she did, they deserve to get busted.  With the ready availability of information on the internet, this girl thought she wouldnt get caught and she did. 

You can think its bulls***, but the girl still violated her probation, and she is still 3 years underage.  If she wants to party, she aughtta learn a little modesty.

Oh come on, the kids shouldnt have been in court in the first place. secondly, what is he doing searching college kid's phots on websites??? The kids are in college, kids in college drink. That is how it is, how is has been, and how it always is going to be. I think I partied my hardest when I was underage anyway, and so did alot of people on this site. Scoffing at kids who did the exact same thing that many of you did is hypocritical.

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 02:14 PM)
I happened to notice "Copyright © 2006 Detroit Free Press Inc." at the bottom of the article.

I thought that means it's copyrighted and you aren't allowed to use it without permission.

Interesting site on copyright laws.

Ok, since you want to whine about it, its gone. happy?

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 02:35 PM)
Oh come on, the kids shouldnt have been in court in the first place.  secondly, what is he doing searching college kid's phots on websites???  The kids are in college, kids in college drink.  That is how it is, how is has been, and how it always is going to be.  I think I partied my hardest when I was underage anyway, and so did alot of people on this site.  Scoffing at kids who did the exact same thing that many of you did is hypocritical.

Rock, did you read the article? The judge typed his own name in a search engine and he was referenced to her webpage.

I drank when I was underage. But I never flaunted it online to a judge who busted me. The website said, in not so nice terms, "Screw you judge blahblah, this is the day after you sentenced us!" . Im not scoffing at the partying, Im scoffing at the absolute lack of common sense from these kids. These kids were morons. plain and simple.

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Feb 2, 2006 -> 02:41 PM)
Kyle, are you getting the feeling we are posting to a brick wall here?

SFF

Actually I think Rock is just giving me s*** right now, he knows he will owe me one thousand dollars soon and he is embarrassed. I dont know where Bmags is coming from right now though.

Throughout college I had sort of school of thought, DONT GET CAUGHT DOING SOMETHING STUPID. It got me this far without any time in the pokey. I have been arrested before for stupid stuff(coughpublicintoxicationcough), but i didnt turn around and try and say "Damn the man!" immediately afterwards.

To me, these kids were ridiculous to get that wasted before prom, and even more ridiculous trying to give the judge the finger. Especially in this time and age when you can basically find out anything about someone through a computer.

A few years back in carbondale, this kid had a website that got shut down for the same thing, he was posting pics of underage kids drinking(I think it was Cdaleparty411.com or some lame s*** like that), and before he got shut down the police were going through the photos and remembering kids faces so they could bust them at the bar. This isnt groundbreaking stuff here.