FRANK THOMAS COMING UP ON

Guest hotsoxchick1

I didn't see it. What did he say..... er, b****..... about this time? The strike zone? His pay? Respect?  :rolleyes:

I didn't see it, but I'm sure plenty believe we shouldn't be ripping Frank who probably hit the skydome ceiling three times today on some more popups.

Him and Konerko, the two immovable objects should be moved for ANYTHING.

I respect Frank greatly for what he did for this team in the early and mid 90's.  On the other hand, right now he is hurting this team.

I'm a fan of Frank. Anybody that calls their self a Sox fan and cannot admit that Thomas has sucked now for 3 of his last 4 full seasons needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

I'm a fan of Frank. Anybody that calls their self a Sox fan and cannot admit that Thomas has sucked now for 3 of his last 4 full seasons needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

BINGO! I believe someone on here said it best when they said Stop living in the PAST!

I finally got to see him bat last night...and I believe Brando brought up the fact that his bat speed is way down....and it is. It barely looks like he's swinging the bat. He gets his bat speed up, he hits the inside pitch, he doesn't pop up as much, and he hits for more power all around.

He just plain sucks right now.

I finally got to see him bat last night...and I believe Brando brought up the fact that his bat speed is way down....and it is.  It barely looks like he's swinging the bat.  He gets his bat speed up, he hits the inside pitch, he doesn't pop up as much, and he hits for more power all around. 

His bad speed is definately down and its why he's popping everything up. His shoulders are all over the place and he can't see the ball.

Its sad to watch Frank like this, but I don't give a damn what he did for our team, he shouldn't be playing everyday nor should a lot of guys currently in our lineup.

I blame him, but like I say there are plenty of others I blame along with him.

I finally got to see him bat last night...and I believe Brando brought up the fact that his bat speed is way down....and it is.  It barely looks like he's swinging the bat.  He gets his bat speed up, he hits the inside pitch, he doesn't pop up as much, and he hits for more power all around. 

His bad speed is definately down and its why he's popping everything up. His shoulders are all over the place and he can't see the ball.

Its sad to watch Frank like this, but I don't give a damn what he did for our team, he shouldn't be playing everyday nor should a lot of guys currently in our lineup.

I blame him, but like I say there are plenty of others I blame along with him.

And, IMO, the important thing (and the only positive thing) about Frank's struggles are that he is still getting on base.

Last year, he was just striking out and popping up....constantly. It was either a homer, a pop-up, or a strike-out, with a walk here and there. Right now.....even though he is just plain sad up at the plate....he's still been among the best producers on the team.

You have to put more blame on Konerko.....he's younger, so his skills shouldn't be diminished like Frank's....and his average is 30 points lower(and Frank's is .245....f***ing sad), he has 6 fewer homers, and way fewer RBI. If Konerko is producing, his slow-ass can clog up the bases....fine by me. If he is not producing, like now, then he is a big problem. If we take on half his salary, I'm sure a few more teams would take him, including the Orioles.

I want to see if we can make something out of this season. We need more team speed, and that's key. At this point, I'd be willing to do a lot, because what we have on the field is not working. It probably will work at some time....but we need it to work now.

Frank Thomas needs some time in the bottom of the order...put him in the fifth spot and C Lee in the third spot. I think C lee is a great number three hitter and he showed last season. C Lee 2-2, 2 2B, 2 walks yesterday was great. If he doesnt play defense so good, put him in DH, or even 1B, he played 3B in the minors he cant be so bad like Fraank in 1B, and get some bench time to PK or Frank.

BINGO!  I believe someone on here said it best when they said Stop living in the PAST!

I believe I said that.

And 28 bombs with 92 RBIs is bad by Frank standards but for anyone else those are great (ok good) numbers. The man is simply a victim of his own prior success...