T.O. to the Bears?

I always thought that Philly overreacted badly to Owens, especially when it pertained to McNabb, who is clearly the most overrated player in the history of the NFL...

He always plays hard and wants to win. He's a terrific talent...And, clearly, the Bears need help at WR..

I say, bring him in and see.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're gonna get some mixed reactions but I think T.O. would be good on the field for the Bears but the off-the-field issues scare everyone away. And McNabb is not the most overrated player in NFl history.....

Believe me, I know this will be mixed. That's why I posted it.

How interested are the Bears in acquiring Terrell Owens? I read somewhere that you had lunch or dinner with him and was just wondering if this was true.

-- Edward P.

Beltsville, Maryland

Jerry Angelo: It isn't true and if it were true he would be buying.

No, no, a thousand times no! He could be the most talented and physically gifted player in the history of the league and I would still say no. You can't have a player with a me-first attitude in the NFL. Doing so will wreck your time, in time. When you consider that T.O. will be paid far less than he and Rosenhaus think he's worth, it's a recipe for disaster.

QUOTE(CluelessJoe1919 @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 11:40 AM)
McNabb, who is clearly the most overrated player in the history of the NFL...

Nope sorry, that title belongs to the QB whom made it to the hall of fame based on one game then later in life got drunk and attempted to plant one on my girl Suzy Kolber. I'd take McNabb on the Bears in a f***ing second the guy is a stud QB and most NFL teams would be lucky to have him

And, clearly, the Bears need help at WR..

Gonna have to disagree with you here as well we have:

Moose - tying up a s*** load of money and not going anywhere anytime soon

Bradley - really looked good last year until his freak injury on the turf, could be a playmaker in the near future.

Berrian - showed up big at the end of the year last year and in the playoff

Gage - if he's still on the team next year, his great hands and body control could finally pan out and make him into a legitimate threat

Currie - didn't play last year but has world class speed and a ton of talent

I don't see a need for another big money reciever on this team. How would T.O. react to playing with Grossman or god forbid Orton, he couldn't even get along with the two all-star QBs he had to work with in the past. Also I doubt T.O. would even want to come here seeing how he'll probably get a decent offer from the Broncos and possibly the Dolphins as well as a couple other teams.

The Bears have much bigger worries than adding another highly paid WR their #1 priority as of this moment should be giving Briggs a long term contract, we have a lot of money in the cap tied up right now and the Bears absolutely need to make sure thatn they keep Urlacher and Briggs together for as long as possible and if adding a guy like Owens is going to put any doubt into resigning Briggs I'm completely against it.

QUOTE(CluelessJoe1919 @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 05:40 PM)
I always thought that Philly overreacted badly to Owens, especially when it pertained to McNabb, who is clearly the most overrated player in the history of the NFL...

He always plays hard and wants to win. He's a terrific talent...And, clearly, the Bears need help at WR..

I say, bring him in and see.

No, you're confused.

In one thread, you're saying that Tyson Chandler's passion is a bad thing. Meanwhile, he pumps all his teamates up after a thunder dunk and his contributions to team chemistry are immeasurable. He's one of the nicest guys in that locker room.

Now you're promoting a guy who alienates all of his teammates, has no friends, and just sucks at life in general. :lol:

You're an early candidate for "Most Likely To Get Flamed", I'll give you that.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 07:08 PM)
I'd take McNabb on the Bears in a f***ing second the guy is a stud QB and most NFL teams would be lucky to have him

But I thought he was CLEARLY the most overrated player in the history of the NFL???

Is there a loophole in the personal atacks policy that allows you to rip on retards? I've gotta say that I'm tired of holding back on here.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 07:08 PM)
Nope sorry, that title belongs to the QB whom made it to the hall of fame based on one game then later in life got drunk and attempted to plant one on my girl Suzy Kolber.

I am going to have to disagree with you here. Namath wasn't great and definitely does not belong in the hall of fame. He is also over rated, but I don't think he is the most over rated in NFL history. That distinction goes out to Jason Sehorn. He was never good, NEVER. He was a fast white CB (a position dominated by african american athletes) in New York. That is the only reason he got attention. Some people actually thought he was good. I could not stand him.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 07:18 PM)
The Bears should forget Randle El and sign Antonio Bryant. He'd be a nice addition for a tema needing a playmaking number two who will get less money than Randle El

Bryant is a very good player. I would like to have him, but at the moment we are hurting for a speed receiver that will stretch the field. That is what El brings that Bryant doesn't. Are the Browns going to tag him with either the franchise or transition tag? I wouldn't give up a high draft pick for him. That is for sure.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 02:21 PM)
Joe Namath is the most overrated athlete ever, and the only man close is Derek Jeter (and at least Jeter has 4 rings as the SS of the Yanks, which should get you some props I'll admit).

Timo Perez has a ring. Lets give him props too!

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 01:18 PM)
The Bears should forget Randle El and sign Antonio Bryant. He'd be a nice addition for a tema needing a playmaking number two who will get less money than Randle El

Antonio Bryant is TO, except not half as good and without the media cult following. But he's still a douchbag and has underachieved in the NFL, so no thanks.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 07:08 PM)
No, you're confused.

In one thread, you're saying that Tyson Chandler's passion is a bad thing.  Meanwhile, he pumps all his teamates up after a thunder dunk and his contributions to team chemistry are immeasurable.  He's one of the nicest guys in that locker room.

Now you're promoting a guy who alienates all of his teammates, has no friends, and just sucks at life in general.  :lol:

You're an early candidate for "Most Likely To Get Flamed", I'll give you that.

He is also a fan of Mariotti. His name speaks for itself. So far all of his statements have been clueless.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 01:18 PM)
I am going to have to disagree with you here. Namath wasn't great and definitely does not belong in the hall of fame. He is also over rated, but I don't think he is the most over rated in NFL history. That distinction goes out to Jason Sehorn. He was never good, NEVER. He was a fast white CB (a position dominated by african american athletes) in New York. That is the only reason he got attention. Some people actually thought he was good. I could not stand him.

Great call on Sehorn, I always hated that guy he was white, handsome and married to a babe yet the only thing he couldn't do is play football his attitude didn't help either, the only thing I've ever heard about him is that he's a dick, you'd figure a guy who got such big breaks in life would be somewhat humble and maybe attempt to be a little fan friendly over the course of his career.

I still say Namath just because of the level at which he's overrated, Sehorn was an All-Star but Namath made it to the hall of fame.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 01:49 PM)
And yet no mention of his special teams prowess.  That is the most valuable facet of his game.  He's a good #3 WR at best, and he sure as hell ain't no QB.

Yep, he's going to be way overpaid by somebody. Oh, and he'd easily be the 2nd best QB on this current Bears roster, so I'd have to disagree in that regard (although it says more about Orton and Blake than it does Antwaan).

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 07:51 PM)
Yep, he's going to be way overpaid by somebody.  Oh, and he'd easily be the 2nd best QB on this current Bears roster, so I'd have to disagree in that regard (although it says more about Orton and Blake than it does Antwaan).

Why do you say that? Because of the throw he made in the Super Bowl?

All I know is that Randle El has been in the NFL for a while now, and he gets no QB reps in practice. He'd get annihilated.