LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE FIGHT FOR IMMIGRANT'S RIGHTS - NO TO HR4437

6PM, THUR., MARCH 9TH

ADDAMS HALL, 2ND FLR [uIC]

THE CONGRESS AND SENATE are trying to pass legislation that would cripple any of the few rights that undocumented immigrant's now have in the United States. At the same time the right-wing racist / anti-immigrant Minutemen are organizing around the country. Yet these setback are not going unchallenged. A new movement is beginning to oppose these forces.

Join us for a discussion on how we can help build that movement and demand that NO HUMAN BEING IS ILLEGAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------

PROTEST:

MARCH 10TH Pro-Immigrant March

*march to Union Park at Ashland and Lake [11am - 1]

then march to the Daley Center [2-5pm]

No! To Anti-Immigrant legislation HR4437

No! To the racist minuteman

Yes! To the legislation of the undocumented

Yes! To Illinois as a legal sanctuary for all immigrants

------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to articles on immigrants rights listed below:

Vigilantes at the border: The new war on immigrants. By JUSTIN AKERS

www.isreview.org/issues/43/minutemen.shtml

Immigration: Myth and reality JUSTIN AKERS

www.isreview.org/issues/43/43.shtml

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANTIWAR PROTEST

Sat. March 18th

3pm - Union Park Rally

7pm - Michigan Ave. March

*Student Feeder March @ 1pm, begin at Harrison & Halsted

Copied this from a Facebook page.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 03:13 PM)
I hate this, and I'm going to get labled, but screw it.

YOU ARE HERE ILLEGALY, STFU, GO HOME, AND COME BACK LEGALLY!!

Rights my ass.  You don't have any unless you do it the right way.

I tend to agree. I also think the laws should be changed on becoming a legal resident, but I even more fervently believe in following the existing laws.

Boy am I having a GOP kind of day.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 03:15 PM)
I tend to agree.  I also think the laws should be changed on becoming a legal resident, but I even more fervently believe in following the existing laws.

Boy am I having a GOP kind of day.

The law in question effects legal residents and citizens also.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 08:15 PM)
Yep, it's that easy...    :rolly

:rolly

It really should be that easy. All the f'in whining and sniveling about "MY RIGHTS BEING VIOLATED" is pure horses***.

We're treating these people so f'in badly that they keep coming back ILLEGALLY. STFU.

Thousands of demonstrators gathered at the Chicago Federal Center to protest the house bill 4437. They believe the bill discriminates against undocumented residents and those who try to help them and it robs them of a chance at the American dream.

Are they serious??? That's like saying laws against bank robbery discriminates against bank robbers. Unreal. I would think that people here legally would be against the illegals because it's making it harder for them. (Before anyone jumps ...yes i know they ARE legals against the illegals).

Maybe the INS should take a stroll downtown and start checking ID's

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 03:17 PM)
:rolly

It really should be that easy.  All the f'in whining and sniveling about "MY RIGHTS BEING VIOLATED" is pure horses***.

We're treating these people so f'in badly that they keep coming back ILLEGALLY.  STFU.

stfu?

You're obviously not even properly informed on the topic at hand so there's no use in discussing it if you're just going to turn it into an excuse to express your negative bias towards immigrants.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 08:21 PM)
stfu?

You're obviously not even properly informed on the topic at hand so there's no use in discussing it if you're just going to turn it into an excuse to express your negative bias towards immigrants.

First, I wasn't directing the STFU at you, my apologies for coming across that way.

And I'm a lot more informed about it then you think.

It's called they are here ILLEGALLY. Therefore, they are NOT protected by the US Constitution.

Secondly, as Northside asked, and I'll repeat, what I see here is a protest for ILLEGAL ALIEN rights, not the legals of this country. Biiiiiiiiig difference.

Edited by kapkomet

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 03:16 PM)
The law in question effects legal residents and citizens also.

Sure it does. There are 12 million illegal aliens here is the estimate now out of a population of 300 million people approximately. This law would mean that for every 15 people in the country, they would not have to support 1 person who was here illegally anymore for things such as education, welfare, health insurance etc. It is expensive enough to support the people we have hear legally, let alone to instantly increase the people able to get government support by another 7% or so.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 03:21 PM)
stfu?

It has nothing to do with immigrants. It has everything to do with ILLEGAL activity. If the US wants to set up a guest worker program and have people here legally to work that is great. That way the immigrants are protected from being taken advantage of and ensuring their rights, and my tax dollars aren't subsidizing illegal activity and families in other countries who don't pay taxes to the US.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 03:22 PM)
First, I wasn't directing the STFU at you, my apologies for coming across that way.

And I'm a lot more informed about it then you think.  It's called they are here ILLEGALLY.  Therefore, they are NOT protected by the US Constitution.

Secondly, as Northside asked, and I'll repeat, what I see here is a protest for ILLEGAL ALIEN rights, not the legals of this country.  Biiiiiiiiig difference.

My bad. :P

I just don't agree that those who are here legally along with citizens should be punished for assisting someone here illegally. The great example being used is that a doctor who assists someone here illegally will be committing a crime. Does that merit jail time?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 03:26 PM)
It has nothing to do with immigrants.  It has everything to do with ILLEGAL activity.  If the US wants to set up a guest worker program and have people here legally to work that is great.  That way the immigrants are protected from being taken advantage of and ensuring their rights, and my tax dollars aren't subsidizing illegal activity and families in other countries who don't pay taxes to the US.

How exactly are your tax dollars assisting families in other countries? :huh:

Such a program does not exist so people in need who don't have time to wait for it get here however they can.

Edited by SleepyWhiteSox