USA vs. Korea

iWiN4PreP

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 14, 2006 -> 05:57 AM)
Flash, contrary to your belief that everyone is either a scrub or "wetting the bed," baseball is the most unpredictable game out there. Even the best team in history can lose to a clearly inferior team.

Nobody should be at all surprised that the US is losing to Korea. But nobody should leave these games thinking Korea is a superior team, despite their undefeated record so far.

I'd call Dontrelle Willis on "wetting the bed"

Team USA was at my school (Fullerton) taking practice. Most of the area was blocked off, but they hit some bombs. Watched for maybe 10 minutes and than as I left campus on my way to my car (which is next to the baseball fields), Derrek Lee drove past in his Escalade.

On Monday the Japanese Team was practicing and Ichiro was chilling out on the walk way. Its kind of cool. Makes me a little more into this WBC thing. USA better step it up on Thursday.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 14, 2006 -> 06:32 PM)
I'd call Dontrelle Willis on "wetting the bed"

It's March freakin 13th. (at game time)

He has that same performance any other March 13th, and nobody says anything. Just because it's the World Baseball Classic doesn't mean it's not spring training.

Dontrelle has crazy mechanics. He's all elbows and knees. That takes some time to get refined. Ask our own 6'7" stork whose mechanics seem to have been off in each of his starts this ST.