USA vs. Korea

iWiN4PreP

Anyone with Willis in their fantasy league might be well served to trade him now. He was already on a pitiful team, now his performance seems to be going down the tubes. I know, it's early and he might just be a bit rusty, but he's always struck me as a bit of a fluke. He kind of reminds me of Hideo Nomo. Once people figured out his delivery, he started getting rocked.

Anyone with Willis in their fantasy league might be well served to trade him now. He was already on a pitiful team, now his performance seems to be going down the tubes. I know, it's early and he might just be a bit rusty, but he's always struck me as a bit of a fluke. He kind of reminds me of Hideo Nomo. Once people figured out his delivery, he started getting rocked.

*Runs to his fantasy league requesting trades to get ride of Willis.* I feel like a jackass for even picking him. :huh:

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 08:25 PM)
DEPORTES.... It will be tape delayed on ESPN2 at 11PM your time... 1AM here.... I think.

Why is ESPN lame enough to make the USA game on tape delayed. I'd watch it on deportes but I think there homerun call gets old.

Especially when there isn't any decent programming on right now anyway.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 10:28 PM)
Why is ESPN lame enough to make the USA game on tape delayed.  I'd watch it on deportes but I think there homerun call gets old.

NONONONO you're wrong it's great.

Also, with this US team, you won't have to worry about it too much.

If he did the same thing for leaving the bases loaded though, you might need ear plugs.

Why not just start showing it in the 3rd inning, after the other game? I don't see whats so bad about that. Then show it in it's entirety later.

They are showing some live look ins on SC though. Vernon Wells just K'd with the bases loaded.

With that said, anyone know if Comcast Users get Deportes?

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 08:38 PM)
Why not just start showing it in the 3rd inning, after the other game? I don't see whats so bad about that. Then show it in it's entirety later.

They are showing some live look ins on SC though. Vernon Wells just K'd with the bases loaded.

I know where I am Cox users are getting a free month of Deportes so we can watch the games. May be the same with comcast. In fact it probably is.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 10:38 PM)

That was one of the worst swings ever by Wells. I'm so frustrated and angry with the American team.

6-1 Korea. They hit a Three Run Blast.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 09:08 PM)
f*** espn.  This is so stupid. Instead we have to watch linda kohn and her big f***ing horse teeth.

Its totally lame. They should have just continued coverage or made this game at 7:30 (pacific time) and than there wouldn't have been any layover.

Afterall if they have a doubleheader in basketball usually one game overlaps another by a little bit.

MLB should do something about this. Maybe they can create there own channel (like the NFL and NBA have) and broadcast the US games live there next year.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 11:11 PM)
Its totally lame.  They should have just continued coverage or made this game at 7:30 (pacific time) and than there wouldn't have been any layover.

Afterall if they have a doubleheader in basketball usually one game overlaps another by a little bit. 

MLB should do something about this.  Maybe they can create there own channel (like the NFL and NBA have) and broadcast the US games live there next year.

ESPN didn't sign on to broadcast these games until February.... So you should probably be happy they're being aired at all.

They obviosly had contracts with other entities to broadcast their events far advance of signing to show the WBC.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 11:51 PM)
Updates? Who's wet the bed aside from Willis?

Flash, contrary to your belief that everyone is either a scrub or "wetting the bed," baseball is the most unpredictable game out there. Even the best team in history can lose to a clearly inferior team.

Nobody should be at all surprised that the US is losing to Korea. But nobody should leave these games thinking Korea is a superior team, despite their undefeated record so far.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 11:57 PM)
Flash, contrary to your belief that everyone is either a scrub or "wetting the bed," baseball is the most unpredictable game out there. Even the best team in history can lose to a clearly inferior team.

Nobody should be at all surprised that the US is losing to Korea. But nobody should leave these games thinking Korea is a superior team, despite their undefeated record so far.

You've merely mistaken my belief every minor leaguer within our organization is a scrub (and bed wetter) with the current USA Roster.

All I was asking for is an update on the game. :bang Willis pitched poorly, no? You can compliment Korea's lineup and cite the unpredictable nature of baseball, but criticizing Willis' performance was purely based on browsing the boxscore. Nothing really to it. Not the insight you'd expect from Studes or your sabermetric acquaintances across the blogosphere.

And for anyone following USA's impending defeat (is acceptable to use this term, cheat?) on gameday I hope your computer didn't freeze as mine did. Took me twenty minutes to type this post because of the loading issues.