Gamethread 3/29: White Sox vs. Brewers

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 05:21 PM)
Actually, I think it's two consecutive outings, and what's wrong with being happy that he's starting to show improvement?

Its always cooler to stand out and predict doom and gloom for some reason... I'll never get it. Even the players I despise I want to see succeed, and it makes me happy when they do.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 05:50 PM)
Interestingly, Konerko's DP's were WAY down last year, from 28 in his awful 03 season to 22 in 04 to only 9 last year.  Different people in front of him?  Maybe some of it, certainly easier to double up Thomas than Podsednik, but 22 to 9 is a pretty darn massive drop IMO.

Its a different philosophy. He is going up the middle and the other way with runners on a lot more, and looking to drive the ball to the left field wall with nobody on. Having Pods and Iguchi in front of him sure does help, because it puts a guy on first base less often and more often on second and third bases. Although with Thome in front of Pauly, I wouldn't be surprised to see his totals jump back up again, as we all so how little Everett singled while hitting in front of Pauly.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 06:55 PM)
Why the hell did the Sox vs. Cubs game end with a tie, and this one went to the 10th? :|

It's up to the managers in spring training. Ozzie didn't have any pitchers left against the Cubs, so they just called it after 9.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 06:02 PM)
He's going to be Eric Byrnes for us this year.

That was not a good route to that ball.

I don't think he'll be that bad.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see how he does over a full season, but I've heard so many conflicting reports from the guys who have watched him in the minors who so he's very good defensively, to the experts who say he'll struggle to replace Rowand defensively.