Colorado @ Chicago - 3/30 ST Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 03:44 PM)
OH yah. Probably his best outing. Throwing Ks with velocity. It kept going up each outing, just like he said it would.

Imagine that..........the guy who knows himself best said that three weeks ago and sure enough he was right. And everyone has been freaking out.

QUOTE(SouthsideBlitz @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 03:46 PM)
Bottom of the 9th

Gload pops out to left(1)

Anderson grounds out to short(2)

Gomes grounds out to second(3)

Were going into the 10th

Somewhere out there I can hear Dusty "Dude man, their playing another extra inning game, whats up with that dude"

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 03:42 PM)
Bobby looks much better each outing. Should be going to ATL now but the scrub dropped the ball.

What? He just blew the save against back-ups for one of the worst teams in baseball. The people he fanned were scrubs as well

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 03:48 PM)
What? He just blew the save against back-ups for one of the worst teams in baseball. The people he fanned were scrubs as well

No worries, he got his "work" in

Bobby will kill when he has 40,000 people going nuts when he takes the field

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 03:48 PM)

LOL. And? He threw Ks with better velocity, and located his curve and slider well for the most part. He has improved every outing. That's all that matters

QUOTE(HeGone33 @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 03:50 PM)
No worries, he got his "work" in

Bobby will kill when he has 40,000 people going nuts when he takes the field

What I'm worried about is he is obviously not where he wants to be yet as far has his velocity and command. He probably needs 2 or 3 weeks at least to get where he wants to be. He may try and get there immediately, and do some damage to his shoulder or elbow.

Top of the 10th Ehren Wassermann into pitch

Quientella(think I spelled that name wrong) doubles off the left field wall

Frey lays down a sacrafice bunt, runner advances to third(1)

Spilborghs walks on a questionable call

Ardoin grounds into a double play, good turn right there. (2 &3)

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 03:53 PM)
What I'm worried about is he is obviously not where he wants to be yet as far has his velocity and command. He probably needs 2 or 3 weeks at least to get where he wants to be. He may try and get there immediately, and do some damage to his shoulder or elbow.

Relax man, its a long season and im sure he will work things out in that time. Its not like we are gonna need him out there every game. We are gonna be blowing some people out this year.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 03:53 PM)
Did he only hit 96 once?

Also, he gave up a hit to the one and only major leaguer (Matt Holliday) he faced.

At least a couple of times that I saw. He might not be all the way there yet but he is improving every time. That's what matter. We know that if he throws strikes and has his velocity, he can pitch well in the most pressure of situations.

BTW, did you see Thornton's outing todya?

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 04:51 PM)
LOL. And? He threw Ks with better velocity, and located his curve and slider well for the most part. He has improved every outing. That's all that matters

And the little history that we have on Bobby has shown that if his velocity is up there and he's throwing strikes, he's should have success. Yes, he blew the save. Whatever. I can deal with a blown save like this. Its when he's walking batters and basically giving them baserunners that bothers me.

As long as he's showing improvement and that he's close to returning to form. It appears that he's doing that.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 03:55 PM)
And the little history that we have on Bobby has shown that if his velocity is up there and he's throwing strikes, he's should have success.  Yes, he blew the save.  Whatever.  I can deal with a blown save like this.  Its when he's walking batters and basically giving them baserunners that bothers me.

As long as he's showing improvement and that he's close to returning to form.  It appears that he's doing that.

Great point, no walks!!!!! Then things should be fine.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 03:55 PM)
And the little history that we have on Bobby has shown that if his velocity is up there and he's throwing strikes, he's should have success.  Yes, he blew the save.  Whatever.  I can deal with a blown save like this.  Its when he's walking batters and basically giving them baserunners that bothers me.

As long as he's showing improvement and that he's close to returning to form.  It appears that he's doing that.

Exactly. And we know he isn't all the way there yet. But he's getting there. That's all that matters.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 03:59 PM)
Nope, but when he does it in the regular season you can call me out.

Then maybe we should allow Bobby to pitch in the regular season before we start going crazy about a blown save, no?