espn should show the sox some respect

GoRowand33

Does it really bother you that much? I mean, who cares what ESPN, SI, TSN, or the public thinks about, or how much respect they give, the White Sox. All that matters are wins, and this team is pretty good at getting those.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Mar 31, 2006 -> 02:57 PM)
seriously is it that hard to replace the picture they have up there

fans deserve to see the new and improved stadium on espn, and since we won the worldseries the least they can do is update the team page :P

:bang

It's really not an issue of respect, it's just laziness. But I have come to expect nothing less.

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Mar 31, 2006 -> 04:59 PM)
EEEEWWWWWWWWW, the park looks so plain and dull, thank God for the renovations.

Yeah, I always liked the park before the renovations, but looking back I'm REALLY happy that things changed.

OMG how OLD is that picture? That is embarassing.

Did somebody email them?

Forget getting respect from Bristol, CT. ESPN--while their broadcasts are great--will always go down in infamy for the infamous call of "Ohhhh NOOOOO!" when Graffanino (sp?) booted Uribe's ground ball during the Boston series here.

I'm guessing a few things are at play:

a) ROC syndrome (people on the coasts only value the East Coast and the West... we're what's called the "rest of country," or ROC)

B) Because they're easterners, they care primarily about Boston/Yankees

c) On a more capitalistic note, the White Sox don't have a national audience the way Boston, Yankees or perhaps the Dodgers do. And, dare I say it? The Cubs. Yup. The Cubs have a huge national audience. ESPN is probably prayin' they don't have to do a lot of White Sox games this year.

So there you have it.