Duke Lacrosse Rape Allegation

southsider2k5

QUOTE(Soxy @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 03:38 PM)
How if you have a video tape showing the rape?

It happens. Even if they are guilty as sin they won't get convicted.

Ummm when was that? Because if you are talking about the recent case, obviously after viewing the tape, it wasnt a rape.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 03:23 PM)
Oh come on, he was making fun off how played up the story was.  Poking fun at the DNA samples and the "outrageous" acts that people are so appalled about.  He obviously thinks that nothing went on, and that people are overreacting, his email expresses that maybe they should actually do something bad to warrant the attention.

:huh: It allegedly happened on the night of the 13th. Police responded to the woman's call at 3/14, 1:22 am. His email was dated 3/14, 1:58 am. How do you figure he was making fun of the public reaction when the public reaction hadn't happened yet?

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 02:15 PM)
I guess we will find out won't we?  But of course if she did go back in there totally on her own will, it's her fault if she was raped.  :huh:

I enjoy many of your posts, but that is an incredibly ignorant statement.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 03:15 PM)
I guess we will find out won't we?  But of course if she did go back in there totally on her own will, it's her fault if she was raped.  :huh:

Whoah. You live in the Appalachians? That's a messed up way to think.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 10:31 PM)
The odd smiley, the fact that it was a response -- I took it as sarcasm.  And I very, very often disagree w/ 101.  Fwiw.

Well if it was meant to be sarcasm I would have went out of my way to make that very obvious.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 10:46 PM)
Not yours, I meant 101's post looked like sarcasm to me.

That's what I'm saying. If I were him I would have made it super obvious that I was being sarcastic....if it really was sarcasm that he was trying to convey.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 12:57 AM)
That's what I'm saying.  If I were him I would have made it super obvious that I was being sarcastic....if it really was sarcasm that he was trying to convey.

Oh, okay. I agree, if it was sarcasm, it would have been better done differently. But if he wasn't speaking straightforward, he shouldn't be crucified over it. The literal statement is reprehensible, not making sarcasm obvious is just a faux pas.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 03:36 PM)
Agreed, the "rich white college students" will always beat the "dumb ass black girl stripper" in court.  That's America for you, however if the DNA comes out like the DA seems to think it will, there will be a trial which will do a lot of damage to Duke's rep, regardless of how it ends up.

She was a college student too, btw. Just to put that out there, not saying you're actually calling her what you put in quotes.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 09:31 PM)
The odd smiley, the fact that it was a response -- I took it as sarcasm.  And I very, very often disagree w/ 101.  Fwiw.

I'll cop to misinterpretation. I can see that being sarcastic, too.

EDIT: I guess this proves a point about electronic communications, too. Was it a joke or not?

Edited by Mplssoxfan

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 04:46 AM)
Whoah.  You live in a big city?  That's a messed up way to think.

Uhhh...I'm not the one who said someone deserved to get raped. Not sure why you'd back that up unless you believe he's right.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 08:08 AM)
Uhhh...I'm not the one who said someone deserved to get raped.  Not sure why you'd back that up unless you believe he's right.

his point was "dont generalize". It wasnt about what 101 said about the rape, it was what you said about living in the appalacians.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 03:29 PM)
Hot Button!  Hot Button!

That's why I sarcastically said it. I figured the face at the end would gave away the sarcasm, but maybe I should have been more clear. It's just sad I had to be more obvious to prove it was sarcasm, guess it proves some people would actually think it's the girls fault for getting raped if she went back in again. And if you think that, your really not very smart.

It's fine if you dissed me, I am just not good with message board sarcasm. My best female friend in high school was raped, and subsequently went through the "it's your fault for putting yourself in that situation" bull s***, so it's a bit of a sensitive subject for me.

Guess it's why I tend to take the girls side in these kind of cases, to a fault since often times they are lying.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 06:37 PM)
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2404002

So tell me now, is this kid a sick son of a b****?  Or a foul mouthed kid who said the wrong thing at the wrong time?

Who knew "foul mouthed" could be a euphemism? Given what was in the email, yeah, he is a sick son of a b****. Innocent of any crime, but still damn sick.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 05:37 PM)
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2404002

So tell me now, is this kid a sick son of a b****?  Or a foul mouthed kid who said the wrong thing at the wrong time?

The wrong thing at the wrong time? The kid talks about skinning hookers? When exactly is the right time for that? I mean gosh do you have some hilarious Jews in the ovens jokes too?

Yes he is a sick son of a b****.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 05:51 PM)
The wrong thing at the wrong time?  The kid talks about skinning hookers?  When exactly is the right time for that?  I mean gosh do you have some hilarious Jews in the ovens jokes too? 

What's the difference between a Jew and a . . .

Oh wait wait that was rhetorical

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 05:51 PM)
The wrong thing at the wrong time?  The kid talks about skinning hookers?  When exactly is the right time for that?  I mean gosh do you have some hilarious Jews in the ovens jokes too? 

Im having a terrible time trying to phrase what i am trying to say, I dont really know how to come across without sounding like an idiot(;) ).

I guess I am desensitized is what it comes down to. I watch a youtube video called "Im Juggernaut, b****" and I laugh my ass off. I can honestly see this lacrosse player having a vile lingo that him and his buddies converse with and this statement, while crass-insensitive-homicidal-crazy it might sound, means nothing. If it actually applied to his knowledge of a rape, then to me he is a sick son of a b****. If he knew nothing about the rape and was just writing some off-the-wall-crazy-ass text message to his buddies, i really dont consider him a sick son of a b****. It seems I am in the minority, so I wont try to aggravate the issue.

Edited by kyyle23