How good is this team?

Steve9347

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 16, 2006 -> 11:05 PM)
I was just talking about this on the way to the game today. Everyone has been talking about its going to take 93,95 wins to get into the playoffs. My question is where the hell are all those wins going to come from?

KC is bad, but there not going to lose 120 games, nor is Tampa. So who is going to lose all these games?

The al is pretty loaded but the top teams are still going to win 95+ imo.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 16, 2006 -> 11:13 PM)
Team(s) as in how many?

If more than 2, where are are the W's going to come from??

lol about 2 is what I was thinking. :P I still think the sox are going to get rolling and win 95+ then I think either the A's or the Yankees can/will do it as well. The a's have the pitching that should be able to stop a lot of long losing streaks from happening and start some large ones. The yankees have a good enough offense to win a ton of games just cause the pitching inside their division isn't exactly stellar, though I still think the yanks are 1 and done come playoff time(if they get in). So ya, basically 1-3 at most I can see doing it, otherwise you're right, there aren't to many pushovers in the american league, all those teams are in the national league.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 16, 2006 -> 10:27 PM)
We also had a moron is left field (not talking about podsednik for once) and another as the starting pitcher for one of those games.

I think your talking about the same game... The other game we lost Politte s*** his pants and gave up a big cookie to Sweeney...

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 12:27 AM)
I think we're doing pretty well despite having the worst player ever to be put on a baseball field start in center for us.

How about Royce The Choice? Or Mike Caruso? Things can always be worse.

Give the guy a break...he's had less than 40 ABs this season and already he's the worst blah blah blah. Anderson is pressing right now and maybe we lost one game because of that...highly doubtful since we lost 13-7 and not 3-2. Sure we would have won 18-13 if Anderson had just homered in each of those at-bats when he left the men on base...

QUOTE(heirdog @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 07:48 AM)
Give the guy a break...he's had less than 40 ABs this season and already he's the worst blah blah blah.  Anderson is pressing right now and maybe we lost one game because of that...highly doubtful since we lost 13-7 and not 3-2.  Sure we would have won 18-13 if Anderson had just homered in each of those at-bats when he left the men on base...

Agreed. Rookies take time to catch up to major-league pitching. If he plays solid defense and hits 9th in the order, it's not a big deal. If he continues to hit below the Mendoza Line, we have Mackowiak.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Apr 16, 2006 -> 07:27 PM)
We do need to get a CF...

Mack has no business playing as often as he has and if Anderson can't hack it we need someone who can play everyday...

Anderson cant hack it huh?

Laughable.

Way to totally ignore any sample size, talent, and every bit of baseball information that is out there. COngrats.

I'm not sure how based on 12 games this season people have seemingly concluded that Cleveland has regressed...

I think it's fair to say from the offseason analysis that Cleveland was expected to regress slightly, still this was the best Pythagorean team in MLB last year--it's not like they won't still be a hell of team.

This division is going to be a dogfight, and thinking otherwise is wishful thinking--the Sox won 99 games last year and still found themselves duking it out with Cleveland the last week of the season.

I can't believe nobody picked up that sarcasm from heads. And Putting it in green just doesn't make it sarcasm anymore IMO. The best sarcasm always gets mistaken for earnesty--which is why it's so funny.

Sarcasm 101 for Soxtalk? Maybe I'll try and write a guide up and submit it so everyone is on the same page, hahaha.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 05:15 PM)
I can't believe nobody picked up that sarcasm from heads.  And Putting it in green just doesn't make it sarcasm anymore IMO.  The best sarcasm always gets mistaken for earnesty--which is why it's so funny.

Sarcasm 101 for Soxtalk?  Maybe I'll try and write a guide up and submit it so everyone is on the same page, hahaha.

yes please, your intellect is truly dizzying for the rest of us...it can't be that dumbass comments like that are made everyday on this board...it can't be that.

yes please, your intellect is truly dizzying for the rest of us...it can't be that dumbass comments like that are made everyday on this board...it can't be that.

Wow bmags--wtf did I ever do to you man? Heads is pretty well represented in all his posts as willing to give BA a shot--that's why I was surprised.

Needless personal attacks are also made everday on this board--it's unfortunate.