4/18 Games

maggsmaggs

Pedro Lopez hit a game winning 2 run homer for the Knights. Haeger gave up 2 runs (0 earned) in 8 innings while striking out 8. Had a really nice game (No Decision). Lowered his ERA to .45. Josh Fields kept up the hot streak with 2 doubles.

Lummy gave up his 1st two runs of the season in 5 innings. Also walked 3 but still had a solid game in a Barons win. He struck out 6 and Rusty Tucker got the win in the 10th. Mark Quinn had 3 hits.

Whisler had another mediocre to poor start for Winston Salem, who has now lost 4 in a row. Whisler gave up 4 runs in 4 innings (5 hits, 3 walks). Lucy picked up another 2 hits (.323 AVG) as did Kelly (.413 AVG).

Kanny lost 6-4. Noe Rodriguez picked up the loss. He k'd 9 in 5 innings, but gave up 3 runs (4 hits and 0 BB's). Orlando was back in action (missed time with a sore index finger) and picked up a hit and a stolen base. Daron Roberts had 3 hits. Salvardor Sanchez and Welker had two hits a piece. Brandon Allen's funk continues as he went 0-4 (now batting .098

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 05:48 AM)
If both Fields and Crede keep hitting, that's a hella nice problem to have.

I'm still thinking move him to left. :P

I'm still thinking that there's a certain Venezuelan playing for Florida that might be unhappy going through a 'youth movement'.

So, lets start the Miggy Cabrera bid with Josh Fields, Lance Broadway, and Ryan Sweeney. :)

Edited by CWSGuy406

:)

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 12:18 AM)
Pedro Lopez hit a game winning 2 run homer for the Knights.  Haeger gave up 2 runs (0 earned) in 8 innings while striking out 8.  Had a really nice game (No Decision).  Lowered his ERA to .45.  Josh Fields kept up the hot streak with 2 doubles.

Lummy gave up his 1st two runs of the season in 5 innings.  Also walked 3 but still had a solid game in a Barons win.  He struck out 6 and Rusty Tucker got the win in the 10th.  Mark Quinn had 3 hits. 

Whisler had another mediocre to poor start for Winston Salem, who has now lost 4 in a row.  Whisler gave up 4 runs in 4 innings (5 hits, 3 walks).  Lucy picked up another 2 hits (.323 AVG) as did Kelly (.413 AVG).

Kanny lost 6-4.  Noe Rodriguez picked up the loss.  He k'd 9 in 5 innings, but gave up 3 runs (4 hits and 0 BB's).  Orlando was back in action (missed time with a sore index finger) and picked up a hit and a stolen base.  Daron Roberts had 3 hits.  Salvardor Sanchez and Welker had two hits a piece.  Brandon Allen's funk continues as he went 0-4 (now batting .098

Brandon Allen needs to do a future sox interview or register at Soxtalk to break out of his slump, just like everyone before him :D

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 11:18 PM)
Whisler had another mediocre to poor start for Winston Salem, who has now lost 4 in a row.  Whisler gave up 4 runs in 4 innings (5 hits, 3 walks).  Lucy picked up another 2 hits (.323 AVG)

Well, 1 out of 2 ain't bad. Most here know I've always been a fan of Lucy and Whisler's, but Wes just seems like he still hasn't figured anything out. I'll get to see W-S play a few next weekend in Delaware and Frederick, so I'll have reports on Gomes, Lucy and a few of the pitchers...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 12:59 AM)
I'm still thinking that there's a certain Venezuelan playing for Florida that might be unhappy going through a 'youth movement'. 

So, lets start the Miggy Cabrera bid with Josh Fields, Lance Broadway, and Ryan Sweeney.  :)

You say this like Cabrera is 30 yrs old. I think hes only 22 or 23. He is the "youth movement".

that's a lot of players to give up.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 03:35 PM)
You say this like Cabrera is 30 yrs old.  I think hes only 22 or 23.  He is the "youth movement".

If we could give up those 3 players for Cabrera, it would be a STEAL of epic proportions.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 09:35 AM)
You say this like Cabrera is 30 yrs old.  I think hes only 22 or 23.  He is the "youth movement".

Think of it as a payroll reduction movement.