Favre Returns for '06

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ Apr 28, 2006 -> 02:27 PM)
Also if that's why you hate Favre thats fine with me, but the majority says he sucks, and they still hate him.I want to know why they think he's such a bad QB.

He's 37 years old and forces the issue on every play which is just one of the reasons why he ended last season with a 20:29 TD:INT ratio. The Packers have done just about nothing to help him out through free agency and he's another year older on a bad team, that is why people say he is just about done.

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ Apr 28, 2006 -> 02:27 PM)
For the Guy who Sadi Jim McMahon, 1 i am talking present day QB's careers, and 2 You can't compare Favre to McMahon. No contest.

So what you're doing is comparing Brett Favre's career (15 years, HOF, one of the greatest of all time) to Rex Grossman (25 years old, 8 career games), Kyle Orton (23 years old, rookie last year) and Brian Greise????

We get it Favre had a better career than Grossman, Orton and Griese have had so far in their careers and they will probably never come close to Favre's career numbers. It completely pointless to be comparing careers at this point, all that matters is current status, Grossman is 12 years younger than Favre and is on a better team.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Packers beat the Bears twice this year and win division. Packers didn't have a bad team last year, they a had an exteremly injured team.

lost 8 games by less than a tochdown. 7 games by less than a fiel goal.

12-4 this year.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 28, 2006 -> 01:45 PM)
Nobody thinks that he was a bad QB.  He is now for sure, but in the years you keep bringing up, he was one of the best in the game.  Congrats on being a fan of an all time great.  I love Michael Jordan too, but right now, he sucks.

Ok, btu what im saying is, he has had one bad year and people say he's done. Why not give him one more year before peopl get all over him, and calling him a drama queen is just plain stupid. Everyone has some drama

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ Apr 28, 2006 -> 04:58 PM)
Ok, btu what im saying is, he has had one bad year and people say he's done. Why not give him one more year before peopl get all over him, and calling him a drama queen is just plain stupid. Everyone has some drama

Where's Marvin Harrison's drama?

Where's Tom Brady's drama?

Where's Julius Peppers' drama?

I.DON'T.SEE.IT.

Not everyone has drama. Those that want it will get it.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 28, 2006 -> 10:12 PM)
Where's Marvin Harrison's drama?

Where's Tom Brady's drama?

Where's Julius Peppers' drama?

I.DON'T.SEE.IT.

Not everyone has drama.  Those that want it will get it.

Harrison-openly upset about not getting the ball enough last year.

Brady- Talking about how their team is unappreciated. a big deal last year in the post-season.

Peppers-Failing a drug test that got him suspended for 4 games

Edited by Spod=Ratings

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 07:06 PM)
I want Favre to break Marino's touchdown record. I hate Dan Marino.

I was going to ask how can you hate Dan Marino but youre a Packers fan so I can see how you would want Favre to break it..

even though it aint happening

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 09:04 PM)
Just reported on ESPN Favre will play 2006 and it will be his final year.

BAH! Theres nothing worse in the world than a great athelete who just won't quit when he knows he's done for. About the only guy I recall who went out on top was Elway.

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 29, 2006 -> 09:21 AM)
I was going to ask how can you hate Dan Marino but youre a Packers fan so I can see how you would want Favre to break it..

even though it aint happening

I am not a Packers fan. I was clearly being sarcastic in my post saying I'm a Packers fan, and if it wasn't obvious enough then at least now I'm being unequivocal. I'm a Bears fan, primarily, although I have a fondness for Denver and New England.

About Favre not having a chance to break Marino's record, there's this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brett_Favre :

Second all-time in Passing Touchdowns: 396 (Marino holds the record of 420) Favre has a good chance at breaking this record in the 2006 season as his career average is over 28 touchdowns a season.

Second all-time in pass completions: 4,678 (Marino holds the record at 4,967).

Favre has a good chance at breaking this record in the 2006 season as his career average is over 334 completions a season.

He's got a very good chance to break Marino's record. I'm not entirely convinced he can, which is why I'm rooting for him to do so.

About Dan Marino, and how I can dislike him: he's smug and obnoxious in my view. Everytime I watch him on HBO's Inside the NFL or ESPN he bugs me. He was a great quarterback, but I just don't like him.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 29, 2006 -> 02:38 PM)
BAH!  Theres nothing worse in the world than a great athelete who just won't quit when he knows he's done for.  About the only guy I recall who went out on top was Elway.

I don't think he "knows" he's done. In fact, I'd say he "knows" he can have a good year.

I'm rooting for Brett Favre, personally, but I don't know that he does. Actually, if I were a betting man I'd bet against him having anything special in the year. I'm just saying that I don't blame atheletes for not going out when they're the only ones who have faith in themselves anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 29, 2006 -> 03:38 PM)
BAH!  Theres nothing worse in the world than a great athelete who just won't quit when he knows he's done for.  About the only guy I recall who went out on top was Elway.

Jerome Bettis too...annoucing his retirement during the Superbowl celebration.