All-Star Balloting Begins

jasonxctf

Putting Ortiz on the ballot was a decision made by the Red Sox.  The White Sox could have put Thome on as a 1B, but that would have come at Paulie's expense.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

MLB used to have a vote for DH on the AL ballot even when the ASG was in an NL ballpark, which was quite stupid if you ask me, although I think the DH should be in the NL as well.

My 25 are in.

I voted for:

American League

First Base: Konerko, P., CWS

Second Base: Iguchi, T., CWS

Third Base: Crede, J., CWS

Shortstop: Young, M., TEX

Catcher: Pierzynski, A.J., CWS

Outfielder: Crisp, C., BOS

Outfielder: Ramirez, M., BOS

Outfielder: Suzuki, I., SEA

National League

First Base: Fielder, P., MIL

Second Base: Biggio, C., HOU

Third Base: Atkins, G., COL

Shortstop: Eckstein, D., STL

Catcher: Piazza, M., SD

Outfielder: Hawpe, B., COL

Outfielder: Lee, C., MIL

Outfielder: Rowand, A., PHI

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 2, 2006 -> 08:10 AM)
I agree. I think the AL OF should be Manny, Damon, and Vlad, Pujols at 1B for the NL, and Barrett at C for the NL.

AL:

C - Victor Martinez

1B - Paul Konerko/Chris Shelton

2B - Brian Roberts

SS - Miguel Tejada

3B - Eric Chavez

OF - Johnny Gomes

OF - Vernon Wells

OF - Johnny Damon/Jermaine Dye

P - Jose Contreras

NL:

C - Michael Barrett

1B - Albert Pujols

2B - Craig Biggio/Jose Vidro

SS - Jack Wilson

3B - Morgan Ensberg

OF - Carlos Lee

OF - Andruw Jones

OF - Pat Burrell

P - Greg Maddux

Manny has been pretty pathetic this year with only 4 HRs, no way should he start as of now.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 2, 2006 -> 08:35 AM)
AL:

C - Victor Martinez

1B - Paul Konerko/Chris Shelton

2B - Brian Roberts

SS - Miguel Tejada

3B - Eric Chavez

OF - Johnny Gomes

OF - Vernon Wells

OF - Johnny Damon/Jermaine Dye

P - Jose Contreras

NL:

C - Michael Barrett

1B - Albert Pujols

2B - Craig Biggio/Jose Vidro

SS - Jack Wilson

3B - Morgan Ensberg

OF - Carlos Lee

OF - Andruw Jones

OF - Pat Burrell

P - Greg Maddux

Manny has been pretty pathetic this year with only 4 HRs, no way should he start as of now.

Needs more Hawpe. :P

More on Ortiz being on the ballot at 1B- Hafner is listed for the Indians on the ballot as well. Hafner's a DH, too.

On the one hand, I want to write in Thome. But on the other hand, I don't want to take away votes from Paulie. Where do you think we ought to focus our votes for Big Jim?

Of course, with the season he's having, and with Ozzie managing the AL squad, Thome will make the team even though he's not listed on the ballot.

More on Ortiz being on the ballot at 1B- Hafner is listed for the Indians on the ballot as well.  Hafner's a DH, too.

On the one hand, I want to write in Thome.  But on the other hand, I don't want to take away votes from Paulie.  Where do you think we ought to focus our votes for Big Jim?

Of course, with the season he's having, and with Ozzie managing the AL squad, Thome will make the team even though he's not listed on the ballot.

Plus, the players and managers could vote him in

QUOTE(Cali @ Apr 29, 2006 -> 03:23 PM)
Even with being World Champs I doubt the Sox are gonna have any starters voted on.....again

But that's not to say there won't be plenty of White Sox on the team.

I hope I'm wroing and have to eat my words, but I just don't see it.

The Sox are like the Detroit Pistons of Baseball because they dont have one "Superstar" on there team. And keep your heads up because almost every single one of the whitesox starters deserves to be in the Allstar Game but you know as well as I do that its a popularity contest.

Atleast my man Albert Pujols is leading the majors in HR's and RBI's. I hope he is MVP again and goes down as the greatest ever! :D

QUOTE(The-Legend-Of-Pujols @ May 10, 2006 -> 08:40 PM)
The Sox are like the Detroit Pistons of Baseball because they dont have one "Superstar" on there team. And keep your heads up because almost every single one of the whitesox starters deserves to be in the Allstar Game but you know as well as I do that its a popularity contest.

Atleast my man Albert Pujols is leading the majors in HR's and RBI's. I hope he is MVP again and goes down as the greatest ever! :D

That Jim Thome dude might not be Albert Pujols but he is putting up some of the most impressive numbers in MLB outside of STL right now...

QUOTE(The-Legend-Of-Pujols @ May 11, 2006 -> 01:40 AM)

Jose Contreras is arguably the best starter in the entire MLB right now, and the primary reason why we won the World Series last year. How does he not qualify as a superstar again? Doesn't he currently have a 13 game winning streak going, plus the AL Triple Crown (ERA, WHIP, BAA)?????

Oh yeah, and this is not to mention that Thome leads the AL in HR, RBI, OPS, etc. Again, he's not a superstar?

And in the end, the saddest part of your post is that you don't recognize Ben Wallace as a superstar when he is a TOP 10 DEFENDER IN THE HISTORY OF THE NBA. Good God.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 11, 2006 -> 02:35 PM)
Jose Contreras is arguably the best starter in the entire MLB right now, and the primary reason why we won the World Series last year. How does he not qualify as a superstar again? Doesn't he currently have a 13 game winning streak going, plus the AL Triple Crown (ERA, WHIP, BAA)?????

Oh yeah, and this is not to mention that Thome leads the AL in HR, RBI, OPS, etc. Again, he's not a superstar?

And in the end, the saddest part of your post is that you don't recognize Ben Wallace as a superstar when he is a TOP 10 DEFENDER IN THE HISTORY OF THE NBA. Good God.

incorrect

Edited by Kalapse

From the Tribune this morning:

Guillen partial to Sox as All-Stars

As AL manager, he can choose 6 players for 32-man squad

If manager Ozzie Guillen has his way, the 2006 American League All-Star team will be saturated with White Sox players.

"If they make me pick my team, it's the White Sox who will represent the American League," Guillen said Wednesday. "I'll bring (reserve infielder) Pablo Ozuna on my team. But unfortunately, I can't bring my team."

Careerbuilder

Guillen said he supports a rule stating that each team must have at least one representative.

But that could limit his attempts to select additional Sox players.

Guillen will be able to select six players on the 32-man squad, but that comes after fans have selected the eight starting position players and a vote of managers, coaches and players has selected nine position players and eight pitchers.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...tesox-headlines