5/5: Sox vs Royals

Chisoxfn

Do you think you are smarter than Ozzie?  Give me a f***ing break!  Your baseball knowledge is NOTHING compared to Ozzie.  Stop playing f***ING manager.

Bobby was called in with ONLY one man on first base.  If he can not close the game, it's his f***ING fault.  Don't blame anyone else.  You are such a WHINER!

Ozzie does seem to manage the pitching staff like a crazy man. He leaves starters in too long, is far too obsessed with the lefty/lefty matchup, and screws around too much about when he uses his closer. But then again, most managers share these same qualities.

Edited by SSH2005

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JimH
That's true, but I'd feel better about it if Jenks just got the ball at the start of the 9th.

Closers blow games, I didn't like the decision-making again tonight with the match-ups, I'm more pissed because this isn't the first time it has happened either.

CWSOX45

I suggest you guys place the blame where it belongs. First of all the pitchers didn't execute. The key blow was Emil Brown, who was obviously looking just to get his bat on the ball, and what did they call, a pitch on the outer half. Stupid. You need a pop up there, or try for the double play.

Stupid.

Logan got schooled by the veteran Stairs, you can see that coming. He dicked around with him with umpteen offspeed pitches instead of going right at him.

I agree with SSH, get Jeff Nelson up here asap and see what he's got left in the tank. You have a one run lead, you can't throw strikes, it's bulls***.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 5, 2006 -> 09:11 PM)
I haven't read through the Jenks inning here, but, it would appear people are blaming both Ozzie as well?

Get out of here.

Thornton was throwing gas in the 8th, he was left in to get the left-hander out and he couldn't do it.  The ball was then given to the closer and he just blew the save, plain and simple.  It happens.  Luckily, this was his first blown save of the year.  He clearly didn't have it, it happens.

Better luck tomorrow.

Addy, this is not the first time Ozzie has done this crap this year. He keeps using our setup guys in the 9th inning, Matt did his job in the 8th, you go right to him in the 9th, period. This game is Bobby's fault BUT on a whole I'm just tired of Ozzie f***ing around in the 9th. The 9th is Bobby's, the end.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 5, 2006 -> 10:11 PM)
I haven't read through the Jenks inning here, but, it would appear people are blaming both Ozzie as well?

Get out of here.

Thornton was throwing gas in the 8th, he was left in to get the left-hander out and he couldn't do it.  The ball was then given to the closer and he just blew the save, plain and simple.  It happens.  Luckily, this was his first blown save of the year.  He clearly didn't have it, it happens.

Better luck tomorrow.

He may have blown the save, but he should have started the inning. Period.

If you have that little confidence in your closer, maybe he shouldn't be your closer in the first place. Who was Thornton facing? Aaron Guiel. That's not exactly Jesus swinging a lefty stick.

Jenks sucked, but Thornton was the wrong move and it set the tone for the inning.

QUOTE(S720 @ May 5, 2006 -> 09:11 PM)
Do you think you are smarter than Ozzie?  Give me a f***ing break!  Your baseball knowledge is NOTHING compared to Ozzie.  Stop playing f***ING manager.

Bobby was called in with ONLY one man on first base.  If he can not close the game, it's his f***ING fault.  Don't blame anyone else.  You are such a WHINER!

Where did I ever state that I had superior knowledge to Ozzie? He won a World Series I didn't. Am I not allowed to voice my opinion? I just said I don't like how he is OBSESSED with the lefty lefty matchup.

In some cases it's good to go with the lefty against the lefty. However, in this scenario with the one run game, I STRONGLY feel that it is the closer's game to lose. Therefore you put the ball in your closers hands and you let him get the three outs.

As for the personal attack calling me a whiner, that's fine. I don't really care what you have to say about me, but I will not lower myself to your level.

Guest JimH

Well not to beat a dead horse here but I damn well hope they examine the pitch calling. They aren't pitching inside enough.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 5, 2006 -> 09:13 PM)
Addy, this is not the first time Ozzie has done this crap this year.  He keeps using our setup guys in the 9th inning, Matt did his job in the 8th, you go right to him in the 9th, period.  This game is Bobby's fault BUT on a whole I'm just tired of Ozzie f***ing around in the 9th.  The 9th is Bobby's, the end.

No, it's not. Ozzie has never operated that way and he probably never will.

Unless you have Mariano Rivera in your bullpen, there is no, "it's Bobby's, the end."

Thornton was throwing gas, there was a left-hander in and Bobby has been pitching some serious innings as of late.

There was one runner on...one. Bobby didn't get it done tonight, not Ozzie.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 5, 2006 -> 09:13 PM)
I suggest you guys place the blame where it belongs.  First of all the pitchers didn't execute.  The key blow was Emil Brown, who was obviously looking just to get his bat on the ball, and what did they call, a pitch on the outer half.  Stupid.  You need a pop up there, or try for the double play. 

Stupid.

Logan got schooled by the veteran Stairs, you can see that coming.  He dicked around with him with umpteen offspeed pitches instead of going right at him.

I agree with SSH, get Jeff Nelson up here asap and see what he's got left in the tank.  You have a one run lead, you can't throw strikes, it's bulls***.

Jim,

I do agree that the pitchers did not execute.

However I really feel Jenks should have started the 9th, you get that first out instead of the lead-off walk, who knows what happends.

Jenks did suck tonight, in fact the whole pen sucked tonight, however I still feel you go with the closer.

Ozzie's decision by not calling Jenks in frustrated the hell outta me that's it.

Everyone on this board is entitled to their opinion, Ozzie's fault, pens fault, offenses fault, whatever. Fact is we're down 3 runs right now, and that's all that matters.

CWSOX45

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 5, 2006 -> 09:16 PM)
No, it's not.  Ozzie has never operated that way and he probably never will. 

Unless you have Mariano Rivera in your bullpen, there is no, "it's Bobby's, the end."

Thornton was throwing gas, there was a left-hander in and Bobby has been pitching some serious innings as of late.

There was one runner on...one.  Bobby didn't get it done tonight, not Ozzie.

And once again, the 9th is muuuuch different from the 8th. Matt did his job in the 8th, Bobby is our closer, he should get the 9th.