5/5: Sox vs Royals

Chisoxfn

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ May 5, 2006 -> 08:57 PM)
I hate when Ozzie does this bulls***...

You guys are hilarious! It's so obvious that Jenks did not have anything tonight. His straight fastballs are easy to hit at 93MPH. Stop blaming Ozzie!

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 5, 2006 -> 09:04 PM)
Thornton, who walks the world, starting the 9th inning was ridiculous.  Righty closers can face lefties, Ozzie.

I don't know, at that point in the season, Aaron Guiel was hitting .333

,... that's 1 hit 3 major league appearances this season...

Awlful decision...

Guest JimH
Thornton, who walks the world, starting the 9th inning was ridiculous.  Righty closers can face lefties, Ozzie.

Jenks was just as bad, Thornton blew them away in the 8th.

BTW did I mention Boone Logan needs to go down to the minors.

This game is over.

QUOTE(S720 @ May 5, 2006 -> 09:05 PM)
You guys are hilarious!  It's so obvious that Jenks did not have anything tonight.  His straight fastballs are easy to hit at 93MPH.  Stop blaming Ozzie!

What do you mean don't blame Ozzie? You put your closer in the 9th. Not your set-up man. I'm sick of this lefty v lefty matchup bulls*** in the 9th. In a one run game in the 9th inning, you give the ball to your f***ing closer. It's his game to win or lose.

YOU GIVE THE BALL TO YOUR CLOSER.

The end.

Guest JimH
You guys are hilarious!  It's so obvious that Jenks did not have anything tonight.  His straight fastballs are easy to hit at 93MPH.  Stop blaming Ozzie!

You are exactly right. The pitchers did not execute. Nothing wrong with the matchups. Real easy to blame the manager.

Jenks was just as bad, Thornton blew them away in the 8th.

BTW did I mention Boone Logan needs to go down to the minors.

This game is over.

True, they all sucked tonight. I still don't like the way Ozzie micro-manages every inning. Your closer pitches the 9th unless he's been overused.

Jeff Nelson, your flight for Chicago is boarding.

Edited by SSH2005

Guest JimH
What do you mean don't blame Ozzie? You put your closer in the 9th. Not your set-up man. I'm sick of this lefty v lefty matchup bulls*** in the 9th. In a one run game in the 9th inning, you give the ball to your f***ing closer. It's his game to win or lose.

The end.

He did, and the closer sucked ass.

My God, what is there to argue about, Thornton blew them away in the 8th, Jenks was the guy who gave up all the damage. Jenks sucked tonite.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 5, 2006 -> 09:07 PM)
You are exactly right.  The pitchers did not execute.  Nothing wrong with the matchups.  Real easy to blame the manager.

Bobby sucked tonight and he gets the most blame here but Ozzie has to stop dicking around in the 9th. He keeps bringing Bobby into real difficult situations created by others. No f***ing need for that.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 5, 2006 -> 09:08 PM)
He did, and the closer sucked ass. 

My God, what is there to argue about, Thornton blew them away in the 8th, Jenks was the guy who gave up all the damage.  Jenks sucked tonite.

That's true, but I'd feel better about it if Jenks just got the ball at the start of the 9th.

Closers blow games, I didn't like the decision-making again tonight with the match-ups, I'm more pissed because this isn't the first time it has happened either.

CWSOX45

Guest JimH

They burn thru the bullpen the first game of the series. 4 walks.

I question the pitch calling. They are not pitching inside enough, nowhere near enough. Goddamnit, bust these guys inside. DJ has been right on with his commentary all nite long.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ May 5, 2006 -> 09:06 PM)

The end.

Do you think you are smarter than Ozzie? Give me a f***ing break! Your baseball knowledge is NOTHING compared to Ozzie. Stop playing f***ING manager.

Bobby was called in with ONLY one man on first base. If he can not close the game, it's his f***ING fault. Don't blame anyone else. You are such a WHINER!

I haven't read through the Jenks inning here, but, it would appear people are blaming both Ozzie as well?

Get out of here.

Thornton was throwing gas in the 8th, he was left in to get the left-hander out and he couldn't do it. The ball was then given to the closer and he just blew the save, plain and simple. It happens. Luckily, this was his first blown save of the year. He clearly didn't have it, it happens.

Better luck tomorrow.