Anybody Watching.....

CubKilla

The Sox PostGame. Hawk and DJ really sound like they are reaching for something to say to Sox fans. Too bad a cheap-ass Owner, and incompetant GM, and a lame duck manager have put them, and us, in this kind of position. Too bad they don't care as much as we do. And don't tell me they do. If they did, something more that firing Ward would have happened for a supposed "contender" by now.

You know....I knew we were gonna lose this game. Once I saw that Gordon was getting hit hard....and Manuel was doing nothing about it....I knew the game was over. A good manager, that knew his job was on the line, would have had Wunsch warming up in the pen between innings, and in a situation where Hillenbrand were to lead off the inning with a hit, you would have Wunsch ready to come in to face Overbay. Instead, Manuel, being the dips*** he is, doesn't care, and let's Gordon get his ass rocked by a struggling DBacks team.

Apparently, Manuel doesn't feel his job is on the line....and for good reason. I highly doubt he is fired after this roadtrip, even if we lose the rest of the games on it.

You know....I knew we were gonna lose this game.  Once I saw that Gordon was getting hit hard....and Manuel was doing nothing about it....I knew the game was over.  A good manager, that knew his job was on the line, would have had Wunsch warming up in the pen between innings, and in a situation where Hillenbrand were to lead off the inning with a hit, you would have Wunsch ready to come in to face Overbay.  Instead, Manuel, being the dips*** he is, doesn't care, and let's Gordon get his ass rocked by a struggling DBacks team.

Apparently, Manuel doesn't feel his job is on the line....and for good reason.  I highly doubt he is fired after this roadtrip, even if we lose the rest of the games on it.

right.... sox fans are getting f***ed with this lame product..... reinsdorf went with middle of the road payroll and a manager who works for cheap.... and that is exactly what sox fans are getting

You know....I knew we were gonna lose this game.  Once I saw that Gordon was getting hit hard....and Manuel was doing nothing about it....I knew the game was over.  A good manager, that knew his job was on the line, would have had Wunsch warming up in the pen between innings, and in a situation where Hillenbrand were to lead off the inning with a hit, you would have Wunsch ready to come in to face Overbay.  Instead, Manuel, being the dips*** he is, doesn't care, and let's Gordon get his ass rocked by a struggling DBacks team.

Apparently, Manuel doesn't feel his job is on the line....and for good reason.  I highly doubt he is fired after this roadtrip, even if we lose the rest of the games on it.

right.... sox fans are getting f***ed with this lame product..... reinsdorf went with middle of the road payroll and a manager who works for cheap.... and that is exactly what sox fans are getting

Not only that, but he won't fire Manuel because he doesn't want to pay him for not managing.

Not only that, but he won't fire Manuel because he doesn't want to pay him for not managing.

no s*** he wont fire manuel.... he works for food and would not say s*** with a mouthful..... f***, if i was an ignoramous owner, i would fall over myself to hire a chump like manuel

no s*** he wont fire manuel.... he works for food and would not say s*** with a mouthful..... f***, if i was an ignoramous owner, i would fall over myself to hire a chump like manuel

Also, I hate getting racial, but there'll be SOMETHING racial coming out of it if the Sox fire JM or KW, especially after what happened in Florida when they hired a manager.

Also, I hate getting racial, but there'll be SOMETHING racial coming out of it if the Sox fire JM or KW, especially after what happened in Florida when they hired a manager.

what is racial about getting rid of two chumps who are in over their heads?

what is racial about getting rid of two chumps who are in over their heads?

They'll find something.

if you hate doing it, don't do it.

because it is bulls***.

african american managers have been fired before, firing an african american GM will be new but only because of the lack of there being any - it is bulls*** to suggest that those factors are in play. JR moves slow. How long did it take him to get rid of Krause. He held on to Bevington long past time. The JR pattern is to be very, very slow on these things, white or black or please don't interject race even though you hate to do it when it is not a factor.

It's true tho. I bet that Idiot nosey Jesse Jackson will say something. JR is a Moron Nuff' Said. Guys we won't win until until that frog head called Jerry Reinsdrof Ships his ass outta town

It seems JR was quick to "urge" Torborg out, and quick to pull the trigger on Lamont.  The difference between them and Bevington and Manual... they were successful.  I don't understand this guy at all.

For a combination of reasons JR is going to move slowly or not at all on JM and KW. His methods of running (ruining) his team have really caught up with him now. I have never liked this ownership group. Not even before they bought the team. Might have to take a sabbatical from all this. Way too depressing.

It seems JR was quick to "urge" Torborg out, and quick to pull the trigger on Lamont.  The difference between them and Bevington and Manual... they were successful.  I don't understand this guy at all.

I have no recollection of anyoe urging Toberg to leave except Mrs Torberg, his mother - and may Torberg himself to play in a bigger market.

For Lamont, I never understood that one, except I know how many fans really disliked/hated him.

It's true tho. I bet that Idiot nosey Jesse Jackson will say something.

Bulls***. The problem is not in firing, or even i hiring, it is the in the interview process.

And why bring Jesse Jackson in things where he has not been connected as if he is some sort of boogyman? Maybe I should bring David Duke into discussions? Why can't we discuss what is instead of resorting to what seems to be to be racial pandering. Even manager and GM in baseball gets fired eventually except if you are Tommy Lasorda so of course in time JM and KW will go. They were not hired for life. T

he way race gets discussed here makes me very uncomfortable. JR moves slow. Hell, a lot of teams have worse records than the Sox right now and have white managers and GMs and no one has been hired. Can I label that a white conspiracy exists to protect incompetence for racist reasons? I should, since that is what is being done in far too many posts with KW and JM, alleging that incompetence is protected for racist reasons. Maybe, maybe, JR has his reasons and because he sees differently than some of us doesn't mean that the tyrannical African American majority whioch doiminates our country and has all the positions of power, led by the dictator Jesse Jackson, has chosen to hold the Sox hostage via noted African Americana Jerry Reinsdorf and Eddie Einhorn to preserve black's total dominance of baseball's management positions and keep the po' white boys down.

That's a bulls*** comment. Are you Mike North in disguise?

I'm not saying there SHOULD be something racial coming out of it, but, knowing the way things are in society, SOMEBODY will write SOME article about how it was race-driven unless they run the team deeper into the ground than they already have.

I'm not saying there SHOULD be something racial coming out of it, but, knowing the way things are in society, SOMEBODY will write SOME article about how it was race-driven unless they run the team deeper into the ground than they already have.

I disagree. Maybe, I repeat, maybe if they fired both KW and JM, then I might agree with a small part of your arguement that some fringe idiot will call it a racist firing, but you said: "there'll be SOMETHING racial coming out of it if the Sox fire JM or KW." That's just not true.

I disagree. Maybe, I repeat, maybe if they fired both KW and JM, then I might agree with a small part of your arguement that some fringe idiot will call it a racist firing, but you said: "there'll be SOMETHING racial coming out of it if the Sox fire JM or KW." That's just not true.

I'm just saying somewhere, some "know-it-all" righteous columnist will try to stir something racial out of it to try to stir some sort of controversy... because, well, about the only "controversy" we haven't seen out of the Sox from the papers is a racial case....

yesterday's game was another showing a bad defense (Jimenez botched DP turn) and a questionable pen (Gordon).

it is so freaking amazing how bad this team is actually getting/has been. I mean I don't think anybody thought it would get this bad.

I'm still not on the verge of calling the season quits because I'm one of those people who think anything can happen, but this team has lost A LOT in the confidence department. a series of 3-4 games won't even get them out, they need a stretch, a LONG stretch, of strong play to bust out of this, which sadly may not happen till September.

game was rough though. usually, after the game I go straight to writing the recap for it (AND IT HAS BEEN HARD PLENTY OF TIMES TO DO IT). this was the first time this season that I simply shut down my labtop and changed the channel once they scored.

Let's drop the racial stuff. The military was the first to do so and baseball was the second. The only things that you should be measured by is character & ability. The other thing in baseball is whether you produce or not. On the Sox nobody is producing. You don't trade a ballplayer because of race and you don't fire a manager because of race. Something needs to be done with the Sox, but I am not sure it's firing Manuel unless you start shaking up the rest of the team also.