Sox @ Twins Game Thread

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DePloderer @ May 15, 2006 -> 11:22 AM)
I just noticed that I've never seen anybody in the crowd smoking. Is it banned in the ballparks or are baseball fans just healthy, clean living type people?

Its banned at I think all stadiums, although some stadiums have certain areas where you are allowed to smoke (in the concourse) but not in the seats.

QUOTE(DePloderer @ May 15, 2006 -> 01:22 PM)
I just noticed that I've never seen anybody in the crowd smoking. Is it banned in the ballparks or are baseball fans just healthy, clean living type people?

There is usually a dedicated smoking area. You can never smoke in the seats. IN fact, chicago is on its way to outlaw smoking all together, thank god.

QUOTE(DePloderer @ May 15, 2006 -> 02:22 PM)

I think some parks have areas where you can smoke, but it's banned in the stands.

QUOTE(DePloderer @ May 15, 2006 -> 11:22 AM)

In accordance with the Minnesota Indoor Clean Air Act, there is no smoking inside the Metrodome. Smoking is permitted in the designated gate areas between the the turnstiles and revolving doors only.

QUOTE(Allsox @ May 15, 2006 -> 01:23 PM)
Can the Sox pitchers just plunk Hunter everytime? I'm sick and tired of watching this guy kill the Sox while he hits .240 against everyone else :angry:

Well he didn't do s*** at The Cell a few weeks back, and is hitting .400 or so the last couple weeks.....so it's not like he's just picking on us. And he also makes a few great catches against other teams too, it's just the whole playing them 19 times a year thing that drives ya nuts.

QUOTE(Misplaced_Sox @ May 15, 2006 -> 11:24 AM)
Joe Crede looking superb in the field so far this year... so quick and agile... more so than any other season I have noticed.

Do you think Herm has him on some Thome like strecthing regime?

Thome does that stretching between his AB's as well. He loves those stretching routines apparently.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 15, 2006 -> 07:23 PM)
There is usually a dedicated smoking area. You can never smoke in the seats. IN fact, chicago is on its way to outlaw smoking all together, thank god.

thanks, I'm not a smoker myself so it won't bother me. It's just interesting that over here you'll never see anyone with a beer in their hand while watching a game, but they will be smoking up a storm.

QUOTE(DePloderer @ May 15, 2006 -> 01:25 PM)
thanks, I'm not a smoker myself so it won't bother me. It's just interesting that over here you'll never see anyone with a beer in their hand while watching a game, but they will be smoking up a storm.

Well prepare yourself for the complete opposite over here...

QUOTE(DePloderer @ May 15, 2006 -> 01:25 PM)

Yeah, most parks dont allow smoking in your seat. And in chicago, now you can only smoke indoors if you are less than 15 feet from the bar. You also have to keep 15 feet from the openings of buildings, so basically smokers are relegated to smoking in dirty alleys.

Lew Ford takes one of the ugliest swings I've ever seen and fouls it 3 rows back to make it a 1-2 count. And on 2-2, Ford takes a breaking ball and for reasons I don't understand is called a ball. Ford rips one to Crede, inning over.

4-2 Sox heading to the 5th. Freddy made a s*** pitch to TorII, but he's been pretty sharp overall. Get 2 or 3 more and we got this one boys, get at it.