Online DVD Rental

SnB

QUOTE(Brian @ May 16, 2006 -> 11:19 AM)
I don't use Netflix but know dozens of people who do and they rave about it. I'll probably go for it sometime.

Netflix is amazing, i totally recommend it. They give you the envelope to send your movie back for free. The only knock is it may take a week or two to get brand new movies. But, if you put the movie on your list in advance, it wont be a problem.

I use Netflix. I like it quite a bit, but they do piss me off when they are obviously holding onto my discs to make me pay for renting so many. I get them and return them the next day. So I get the maximum you can get in a month, about 6 movies a week.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ May 16, 2006 -> 11:37 AM)
I use Netflix. I like it quite a bit, but they do piss me off when they are obviously holding onto my discs to make me pay for renting so many. I get them and return them the next day. So I get the maximum you can get in a month, about 6 movies a week.

Yeah they catch on if you're renting and returning...like say hypothetically speaking, you were just renting and copying them and then returning the next day...they do something so you won't get them as fast.

I used netflix, but I also know of people that use blockbusters online service and like that one too.

Edited by Controlled Chaos

QUOTE(SnB @ May 16, 2006 -> 11:07 AM)
I'm currently in the market to get a subscription for a gift.

I haven't researched this a whole lot yet, but is Netflix the best option?

I'm not totally sure about this, but I think even if you buy a Netflix subscription as a gift for somebody else, that person will have to provide Netflix with credit card information. Someone correct me if I am wrong about that but if I'm right it's something to consider.

Netflix will throttle you if you rent a lot of movies.

Cancelled with them back in February after being a member for a year.

Since they advertise unlimited rentals and can't deliver, they lost my business.

I've also used BB and they are much better as far as getting new releases.

Basically, you need to figure out which company has a hub nearest you to ensure quick turnaround time when you rent.

Back to Netflix, If you want to know more about what exactly they do, which they have admitted in a recent lawsuit, check out this link:

http://www.hackingnetflix.com/netflix/2005...ix_custome.html

QUOTE(3E8 @ May 16, 2006 -> 11:52 AM)
I'm not totally sure about this, but I think even if you buy a Netflix subscription as a gift for somebody else, that person will have to provide Netflix with credit card information. Someone correct me if I am wrong about that but if I'm right it's something to consider.

on their website, one of their main links is talking about giving netflix as a gift to people.

So i kinda doubt that.

A small added bonus of Blockbuster is that they give you a coupon once a month for a free in store rental. Seems stupid but sometimes you want a movie right away rather than waiting 2-3 days for it to arrive in the mail.

I've used both services and noticed little to no difference, one exception being Blockbuster having a slightly better selection.

QUOTE(Brian @ May 16, 2006 -> 11:19 AM)
I don't use Netflix but know dozens of people who do and they rave about it. I'll probably go for it sometime.

Blah, netflix sucks. After while they kick you into a lower priority to get their new clients movies first, it really isnt that good of a service at all. I switched back to blockbuster.

I have had both Netflix and Blockbuster for over a year each (not at the same time.) I first had Netflix which was good, but I switched to Blockbuster for the added perks.

Blockbuster is pretty good, the biggest difference is that with Blockbuster you get 4 coupons per month which can be used to rent any dvd or video game from your local blockbuster. This is a huge difference because if Netflix of Blockbuster online has "long wait" for a certain DVD, with Blockbuster you can just go down to the store and get the movie.

After using them both, I have stayed with Blockbuster and feel it is the superior service.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 16, 2006 -> 06:11 PM)
Blah, netflix sucks. After while they kick you into a lower priority to get their new clients movies first, it really isnt that good of a service at all. I switched back to blockbuster.

Gee Rock that's twice this week I agree with you! Used to be a Netflix subsriber but converted to Blockbuster. Think their rate was a little cheaper and selection a little better - never had a problem and get a quick turnaround!

:gosoxretro:

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ May 16, 2006 -> 11:37 AM)

I do the same thing. Love NetFlix.

ive tried both and i like blockbuster much more

not only do they get movies to you faster and recieve them from you faster, but you also get cupons for free weekly rentals from their stores emailed to you.

QUOTE(SnB @ May 16, 2006 -> 12:00 PM)
on their website, one of their main links is talking about giving netflix as a gift to people.

So i kinda doubt that.

Q: I received a gift subscription but don't have a credit card. What should I do?

A: We require a valid payment method for every Netflix Rental Subscription, including all promotions and Gift Subscriptions. It is required to verify account information, to ensure your identity, to provide security for the shipped discs and to allow an easy transition to the paid service upon the conclusion of your gift subscription period. We accept all major credit cards, including Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover, as well as debit cards with Visa or MasterCard logos. We're unable to accept money orders and purchase orders. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

http://www.netflix.com/FAQ?p_search_text=gift+subscription