White Sox versus that other team in town

Heads22

Just walked through the Cumberland blue line stop on my way to grab some lunch. Great to see the Sox fans coming out in large numbers over there. Saw maybe 1 or 2 tools with Cub gear.

Of course I am wearing my Konerko jersey to work today.

Edited by BigSqwert

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 19, 2006 -> 12:25 PM)
Just walked through the Cumberland blue line stop on my way to grab some lunch. Great to see the Sox fans coming out in large numbers over there. Saw maybe 1 or 2 tools with Cub gear.

Of course I am wearing my Konerko jersey to work today.

But I would bet that a large number of those Sox fans were wearing Cubbie blue two years ago. :D

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ May 19, 2006 -> 12:32 PM)
But I would bet that a large number of those Sox fans were wearing Cubbie blue two years ago. :D

I doubt it. I don't think fans switch over that easily no matter who you're a fan of.

BTW I was out in Harvard earlier this week for work. Love that Dairy Daze!

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 19, 2006 -> 12:34 PM)
I doubt it. I don't think fans switch over that easily no matter who you're a fan of.

BTW I was out in Harvard earlier this week for work. Love that Dairy Daze!

There's better ice cream in the "downtown" area.

I know "fans" don't switch that easy, but I stand by my belief that most of both ballparks are filled with bandwagon type fans. There is your true fans, and then the people going to see the "hot teams" and such. Right now there will be more Sox fans than every before, and most of those new fans were Cub wearing people just a few years ago. The people who don't follow every game, and pay attention to every team.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 19, 2006 -> 05:48 PM)
I have a 1917 replica wool jersey, but I'm not pulling that badboy out until Sunday. Damn that jersey is awesome though.

How much did you pay, and where did you get it?

I want one of those 70s button-down cauliflower blue colored jerseys. Any idea where I could find one, other than an auction site?

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 19, 2006 -> 12:54 PM)
How much did you pay, and where did you get it?

I want one of those 70s button-down cauliflower blue colored jerseys. Any idea where I could find one, other than an auction site?

High school graduation gift, so I didn't pay and I don't know where the person that got it for me got it from. :P

Pierz and Jaque are hangin out behind the backstop.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 19, 2006 -> 01:05 PM)
Somebody will hit 2 home runs today for us. Who? I'm not sure, but somebody is going yard twice.

I'd probably put my money on Kong.

Is it just me or is the Widge hitting a little early in BP? He's in there with Pierz and Crede.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 19, 2006 -> 02:13 PM)
Pierz and Jaque are hangin out behind the backstop.

I'd probably put my money on Kong.

Is it just me or is the Widge hitting a little early in BP? He's in there with Pierz and Crede.

Group Twoooooooooooooooooo.