White Sox versus that other team in town

Heads22

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can admit in previous years I've usually been apprehensive/nervous when these series role around. Typically, they mean nothing in the standings; but regardless, it's an emotional weekend.

This year's a bit different. For obvious reasons. Still, even with our World Series Championship in the rearview, I don't want to lose to the Cubs. Especially Zambrano on Sunday.

Far as this afternoon, I don't care how Maddux has fared thus far-- I expect atleast 3 runs. I couldn't possibly bare 5+ innings of Hawk complimenting Maddux's control of a 85 mph fastball and exploiting an extra three inches on both sides of the plate.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 19, 2006 -> 01:43 PM)
Quick recap?

Ripped into the front office, saying their payroll should exceed the Sox' with the additional revenue they get from tickets, etc.

The Sox could really use a few wins against the Cubs after the loses to the DRays. After the Cubs it will be Oakland, Toronto, and Cleveland. None will be easy series.

I really don't care about this series beyond that.

It's times like this that it sucks to be in NYC. To top it off, I work for 3 more hours (until 6 eastern).

Yankees-Mets will be a great series this year, but I want to watch us smoke the Flubs...

Ahh... the epic battle of good vs. evil continues.

Right now, it feels a little irrelevant (in light of our world series crown). However, I'm sure in just a short time, I'll be swearing and cursing the cubs just like I did for the first 25 years of my life prior to winning the world series.