• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ May 20, 2006 -> 07:12 PM)
I think it's ok for you to relax in this game. :D

Against the Cubs, I'm never relaxed. I work with two of the most obnoxious Cubs fans in history (quite an accomplishment), and if the Cubs were to come back in a game like this, it would be hell for years (or at least until I bring up 2005).

Nice to see you more in these threads Jim

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ May 20, 2006 -> 02:12 PM)
Doesn't look like Barret even got it on AJ's face. Looks like he hit him in the neck.

Oh yeah and that did light a fire in the cubs... :lol: :finger

Well, they DID load the bases - that's gotta be a fire of some kind......ha.....

QUOTE(fathom @ May 20, 2006 -> 02:13 PM)
Against the Cubs, I'm never relaxed. I work with two of the most obnoxious Cubs fans in history (quite an accomplishment), and if the Cubs were to come back in a game like this, it would be hell for years (or at least until I bring up 2005).

Nice to see you more in these threads Jim

Wow, you and I must work in the same office!

I hate the rabid Cubs season-ticket-holding fans...

The world could f-cking end and they'd still be talking that they woulda won game 6 if it weren't for Steve Bartman....

Guest JimH
Wow, DJ is doing some serious analyzing here about the Cubbies. He has improved so much over the last few years.

I agree, I loved the comments about Jacque Jones just jogging into 2nd, and Ramirez jogging to 1st, contrasting that with the White Sox who run the bases harder.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 20, 2006 -> 02:32 PM)
I agree, I loved the comments about Jacque Jones just jogging into 2nd, and Ramirez jogging to 1st, contrasting that with the White Sox who run the bases harder.

How can you not blame that lack of hussle on Dusty?

QUOTE(LoFiStew @ May 20, 2006 -> 02:30 PM)
Wow, DJ is doing some serious analyzing here about the Cubbies. He has improved so much over the last few years.

I find DJ very good minus Hawk.

Just watched that Youtube.com clip. That wasn't even a strong punch. Barrett=pussy!

Guest JimH
How can you not blame that lack of hussle on Dusty?

Exactly, and that was the implication. He followed that up by saying the other players and manager need to say "hey, that's not how to play the game".