One thing about Sammy

clujer420

I agree, it's ridiculous how much we are talking about Sammy, this is SoxTalk, not Scrubs talk.

We have games to win, our season, although it is currently a train wreck, is not over.

We have games to win, our season, although it is currently a train wreck, is not over.

Yeah it is..... '03 ended for me about a month and a half ago and I haven't looked up in the standings ever since. I'd be ecstatic if this team could just get back to .500 but I'll probably have to wait until September before that happens :rolleyes:

I agree, it's ridiculous how much we are talking about Sammy, this is SoxTalk, not Scrubs talk.

How many different ways are there to say we suck? OH gee we could talk about who needs to be fired again? Or how bad someone does or doesn't suck?

This team sucks, there is nothing more to talk about that hasn't been beaten into the ground already.

Well it is the biggest story in baseball right now, and just because we're across town from where it happened, I don't think we shouldn't be allowed to talk about it, especially since the national sports media has covered nothing but this story since it happened.

Well it is the biggest story in baseball right now, and just because we're across town from where it happened, I don't think we shouldn't be allowed to talk about it, especially since the national sports media has covered nothing but this story since it happened.

I didn't say we shouldn't be allowed to talk about it. It IS huge story, and I agree that it should be a topic of discussion here -- especially when you consider there are many very intelligent people who come here, and it's nice to hear their opinions of this whole situation.

My point is that it's sad that we get so happy about someone else's failures and misfortunes. I guess that's what it's come to though, since we can't seem to do anything right in '03.

:(

I didn't say we shouldn't be allowed to talk about it.  It IS huge story, and I agree that it should be a topic of discussion here -- especially when you consider there are many very intelligent people who come here, and it's nice to hear their opinions of this whole situation.

My point is that it's sad that we get so happy about someone else's failures and misfortunes.  I guess that's what it's come to though, since we can't seem to do anything right in '03.

:(

Totally agreed and that's my point exactly as well.

My point is that it's sad that we get so happy about someone else's failures and misfortunes.

Failures? Misfortunes?

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't failures and misfortunes things that are usually uncontrollable? Usually not caused intentionally BY the person trying to succeed or create fortune for themselves?

Sosa brought this all on himself.

He lied.

He cheated.

He is a fraud.

I don't worry about or feel sorry for those kinds of people.

Steff....agreed. He is stupid enough to not seperate his corked bat from his game bats in some way shape or form, and he is too stupid to realize that the corked bat had a little 'C' on it.

In another note, I found out something very funny. On the Yahoo! poll about Sosa's corking, about 65% of the people that took the pole did not believe his excuse. LMAO :lol:

Failures? Misfortunes?

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't failures and misfortunes things that are usually uncontrollable? Usually not caused intentionally BY the person trying to succeed or create fortune for themselves?

He lied.

He cheated.

He is a fraud.

Sure, he cheated -- but he's getting hammered for something that many other players do -- maybe even some on our team.

That doesn't make what he did right -- but it also shouldn't make him public enemy #1.

He got unlucky, bottom line.

Failures? Misfortunes?

He lied.

He cheated.

He is a fraud.

Sure, he cheated -- but he's getting hammered for something that many other players do -- maybe even some on our team.

That doesn't make what he did right -- but it also shouldn't make him public enemy #1.

He got unlucky, bottom line.

Yeah, OK. So where does this happy about someone else's failures and misfortunes come into play. He caused the problem. End of story. He knew the risks. He took the risks. How's it go.. you play, you pay? Don't do the crime if you can't do the time? Etc, etc...

Failures? Misfortunes?

He lied.

He cheated.

He is a fraud.

I actually agree with you steff... :o

Failures? Misfortunes?

He lied.

He cheated.

He is a fraud.

I actually agree with you steff... :o

Bought some Q-Tips, eh...? :lol:

The thing that's sending everyone in a frenzy is that he was recently found to be baseball's #1 most marketable player, as many of you probably have heard at least rumors of. The fact that baseball's #1 most marketable player is a "cheater" makes headlines like none other for papers looking to sell more copies and for networks like ESPN looking for more ratings. It's a combination of the times we're in (in terms of media coverage) and the person it happened to that's exploding in Scam-me's face.