Where Can We Get BP Help?

QUOTE(MayIHelpYouMrLennon? @ May 21, 2006 -> 03:51 PM)
Discuss.

I'd be willing to ship out Garland or McCarthy for some decent BP arms. Cotts and Politte arent what they were last year.. all we really have is Jenks.

Nice, know your white sox team, Garland has a no trade clause. Thanks for playing.

QUOTE(MayIHelpYouMrLennon? @ May 21, 2006 -> 04:51 PM)
Discuss.

I'd be willing to ship out Garland or McCarthy for some decent BP arms. Cotts and Politte arent what they were last year.. all we really have is Jenks.

Garland has a no trade clause and if McCarthy goes anywhere, I'll be disgusted and start hating on KW. And all we have is Jenks? Yes! 4.76 ERA!

Yes, we should trade McCarthy, a young up and comming Starting pitcher with monster potential for a player or 2 at the most inconsistent position in baseball. You don't trade young, good starting pitching for relief pitching.

we'll know in 2 months when teams start dropping.

If Detroit keeps it up (which I kind of doubt) I dont know how easy it's gonna be to wait 2 months. We've got way too many pitchers pidgenholed in the minors and a Bullpen thats below-average.. this is a good opportunity to open up spots for those guys in the future and get some Bullpen arms so we dont toss away gems like Contreras today.

QUOTE(MayIHelpYouMrLennon? @ May 21, 2006 -> 03:55 PM)
If we were to send him to Anahiem, I can definitly see him waiving that clause.

There's a reason why he signed a contract extention and included a no trade clause, he's not going anywhere.

Anyone hoping for bullpen help from our minor league guys (not signees like Lopez and Nelson) is going to be disappointed. We don't have anyone that can come up and help. And like someone else said, if Ozzie/KW trades McCarthy, he should be punched.

QUOTE(MayIHelpYouMrLennon? @ May 21, 2006 -> 03:54 PM)
If Detroit keeps it up (which I kind of doubt) I dont know how easy it's gonna be to wait 2 months. We've got way too many pitchers pidgenholed in the minors and a Bullpen thats below-average.. this is a good opportunity to open up spots for those guys in the future and get some Bullpen arms so we dont toss away gems like Contreras today.

we have the 2nd best record in baseball.

We'll be fine.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 21, 2006 -> 03:54 PM)
Yes, we should trade McCarthy, a young up and comming Starting pitcher with monster potential for a player or 2 at the most inconsistent position in baseball. You don't trade young, good starting pitching for relief pitching.

So you're suggesting we trade Contreras? For howry and eyre???

Edited by SleepyWhiteSox

we have the 2nd best record in baseball.

We'll be fine.

Yea, and the reason we have that 2nd best record is because we werent complacent in the offseason. Now theres a weakness thats emerged on this team. The only guys on our team that can conisistently hold a lead past the 7th are our starters.

When you just say "Oh, things will work themselves out", they very rarely do.

QUOTE(MayIHelpYouMrLennon? @ May 21, 2006 -> 09:01 PM)
Yea, and the reason we have that 2nd best record is because we werent complacent in the offseason. Now theres a weakness thats emerged on this team. The only guys on our team that can conisistently hold a lead past the 7th are our starters.

When you just say "Oh, things will work themselves out", they very rarely do.

"Emerged"? Even the boss of this site recognized that our bullpen was neglected in the offseason.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 21, 2006 -> 03:59 PM)
So you're suggesting we trade Contreras? For howry and eyre???

Damn you're good, you saw through the nonsense I posted and got to the true meaning of what I was trying to say. Well done

Howry and Eyre would make this pen unstoppable and add to the already amazing chemistry. Contreras is old and washed up (couldn't even get the win today, 4 R, pathetic) the Cubs could use another worthless arm like him.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 21, 2006 -> 04:03 PM)
Damn you're good, you saw through the nonsense I posted and got to the true meaning of what I was trying to say. Well done

Howry and Eyre would make this pen unstoppable and add to the already amazing chemistry. Contreras is old and washed up (couldn't even get the win today, 4 R, pathetic) the Cubs could use another worthless arm like him.

I know, I'm good.

"Emerged"? Even the boss of this site recognized that our bullpen was neglected in the offseason.

You couldve said at the start of the season that McCarthy would've been a huge guy out of hte BP (even w/ his 5.38 or w/e it is ERA) and that Cotts and Politte would retain form.

I want to be able to have our pitchers go 7 inning and be up by 2 w/o having thier lead have a pretty decent chance of getting blown and if it means losing McCarthy, then so be it. If McCarthy is what you guys make him out to be, arent you going to be somewhat excited at what we can garner in a trade for him?

QUOTE(MayIHelpYouMrLennon? @ May 21, 2006 -> 09:05 PM)
You couldve said at the start of the season that McCarthy would've been a huge guy out of hte BP (even w/ his 5.38 or w/e it is ERA) and that Cotts and Politte would retain form.

I want to be able to have our pitchers go 7 inning and be up by 2 w/o having thier lead have a pretty decent chance of getting blown and if it means losing McCarthy, then so be it. If McCarthy is what you guys make him out to be, arent you going to be somewhat excited at what we can garner in a trade for him?

You absolutely don't trade McCarthy. Also, I don't know of a single soul who expected Politte to come anywhere close to matching his numbers this season. Lets all be extremely satisfied with how great he was in a year that we won the World Series.