Official Suspension Announcements

Chisoxrd5

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guarantee it was for raising his arms up after the fight and getting a rise out of the crowd. That kinda stuff is not exactly smiled upon by the League.

In 2004, MLb suspended Kerry Wood for getting in an umpires face and inciting the fans. That's kind of shocking if you ask me that they didn't stay consistant and at least give him 1

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:03 AM)
Getting this second hand from another site but p/ the Score

Barrett 10 games, Anderson 5 games, Cora 2 games, everyone else fined.

So, after appeals, Barrett will get 6-8 games. Amazing that you can get a punishment reduced like that...

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:11 AM)
In 2004, MLb suspended Kerry Wood for getting in an umpires face and inciting the fans. That's kind of shocking if you ask me that they didn't stay consistant and at least give him 1

It's so sad that you know Cubs history like this.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:08 AM)
A little light for Barrett, but they took it easy on the other guys. Also, why the hell would AJP get a fine?

With the Kenny Rogers fiasco last year, I think Bud is a little scared handing out huge suspensions. Rogers had his reduced from 20 to 13 games last year, his fine changed to a charitable contribution, and had the right to hold MLB responsible if his time missed caused him to miss out on any incentives.

With the Kenny Rogers fiasco last year, I think Bud is a little scared handing out huge suspensions. Rogers had his reduced from 20 to 13 games last year, his fine changed to a charitable contribution, and had the right to hold MLB responsible if his time missed caused him to miss out on any incentives.

Well for an SP 13 games is 2-3 starts. 10 for Barrett is like 7-8-9 games.

MLB.Com...

Press release.

A total of four members of the Chicago Cubs and Chicago White Sox organizations have been disciplined for their participation in an on-field altercation during the bottom of the second inning of the Saturday, May 20th game between the two clubs at U.S. Cellular Field. Bob Watson, Vice President of On-Field Operations for Major League Baseball, made the announcement.

Cubs catcher Michael Barrett has been suspended for 10 games and fined an undisclosed amount for his violent actions, which led to the bench-clearing incident.

White Sox outfielder Brian Anderson has been suspended for five games and fined an undisclosed amount for his aggressive and violent actions during the bench-clearing incident.

White Sox third base coach Joey Cora has been suspended for two games and fined an undisclosed amount for his aggressive actions.

White Sox catcher A.J. Pierzynski has been fined an undisclosed amount for his conduct during the incident.

All three suspensions are scheduled to begin on Friday, when the White Sox are at Toronto and the Cubs host Atlanta. If appealed, the suspensions of Anderson and Barrett will be held in abeyance until the process is complete.

print this page

QUOTE(My Dixie Normus @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:18 AM)
All three suspensions are scheduled to begin on Friday, when the White Sox are at Toronto and the Cubs host Atlanta. If appealed, the suspensions of Anderson and Barrett will be held in abeyance until the process is complete.

Might as well start Brian's now. Makowiak is hot right now anyway.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:19 AM)
Might as well start Brian's now. Makowiak is hot right now anyway.

Just curious, if Brian hadnt played two days ago, could he have had his suspension retroactive to 3 days ago since he would not have played in 2 games? Its hypothetical at this point, but i am curious about it.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:20 AM)
Hey! I f***in hate the Cubs all right.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:21 AM)
Just curious, if Brian hadnt played two days ago, could he have had his suspension retroactive to 3 days ago since he would not have played in 2 games? Its hypothetical at this point, but i am curious about it.

No, that is not allowed.

In several past suspensions, the fines were sometimes comically low like between $500-1000. AJ probably has a fine like this that means nothing to him, and probably not worth fighting over. Barrett and Anderson do get paid their salaries while serving their suspensions. I would imagine JR isn't going to take any money out of Joey's pocket either.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:23 AM)
In several past suspensions, the fines were sometimes comically low like between $500-1000. AJ probably has a fine like this that means nothing to him, and probably not worth fighting over. Barrett and Anderson do get paid their salaries while serving their suspensions. I would imagine JR isn't going to take any money out of Joey's pocket either.

TIFWIW, but when PTI interviewed AJ, he said he was going to fight any fine or suspension all the way because he didnt do anything wrong.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:20 AM)
Hey! I f***in hate the Cubs all right.

Don't you get it? We don't give a rat's ass about the damn Cubs. We're here to talk about the White Sox. The Cubs ain't worth a pimple on your daddy's ass. Enough about the Cubs already.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:25 AM)
TIFWIW, but when PTI interviewed AJ, he said he was going to fight any fine or suspension all the way because he didnt do anything wrong.

If the fine is $500 or something of that sort, I really don't think AJ will think its worth the effort. If he appeals it, he may end up getting suspended.

Guest JimH

So MLB didn't rule that Pods went for Barrett's throat, good call on their part. I never saw that in the photos or replays and MLB didn't either I guess.

Seems like a fair enough outcome.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:26 AM)
If the fine is $500 or something of that sort, I really don't think AJ will think its worth the effort. If he appeals it, he may end up getting suspended.

That won't happen. The players have the right to appeal.